News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint and Body work in DFW

Started by katieladan, October 27, 2013, 08:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katieladan

Hey everyone,
I am new to the group and just got my dream car! 1968 Charger R/T 440 auto :drool5:. However, it needs a trip to the body shop and some new paint. Anyone have any suggestions here in the DFW metroplex?

Chance

JB400

No idea on the paint shop, but congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum :cheers:

katieladan

twodko

Welcome to the posse, congrats on your new baby and you must post some pictures. It's the law!  :lol:

I my suggestion would be to find a car club(s) in your area and go to some meetings. This is how you'll find
the most reputable shops. Good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

katieladan

I will be posting more pictures ASAP! Thanks for the warm welcome. There is a mopar club that I will be joining soon and hopefully someone will know a good body man. My car is very clean from a rust perspective, but could use some good metal work. Anyways, I am excited to learn from everyone!

scottyates

Southwest Rod & Custom.  Pete does nice work and cares about what he's doing. 

katieladan

Thanks! I'll look him up. Is he expensive?

Silver R/T

Yeah Pete does great job, you can watch his videos on youtube on work he's currently doing and projects he's done in the past.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

katieladan

Well, that's two votes for Pete! I looked at his website and it looks like he has done some very fine work. Just need to call him and see if ill have to mortgage the farm to get it done! Lol

Silver R/T

Would love to see Charger getting restored by Pete.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

katieladan

I'm going to look Pete up. If it won't cost me my first born child, it sounds like he is the man to go with. I looked at his website and his work was pretty impressive. Any idea on turn around time? I got the impression that he is only working on one car at a time. I may be confused though...

billschroeder5842

Where do you live? You might want to check out Hollywood finished in Keller. I've had them do work in the past and they do real well. PLus, the owner just restored a 69 Charger so he knows what he is doing. PM me if I can help. I live in Southlake.
Texas Proud!