News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oh come on now 350z...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, November 18, 2013, 07:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoolinhard

dyslexic teddybear

Neons.... for the most part, have been good experiences. Maybe not the best cars I ever had, but better then the worst. My son in law beat his mercilessly, and it held up better then what he has now, a wrx. That thing may be a bit faster, but yeah, it's costing him a lot to keep on the road.

Ricer/tuners in general suffer from more then their share of moronic owners. The majority seem to have the worst attitude.....adding a fart can and a stupid wing, does NOT make it a 10 second car.

And why, WHY......do the body kits have to make them so ugly?

So few are done well, and they do stand out. It's not my style, but I have been impressed more then a couple of times.

1974dodgecharger

I have a hard time believing some folks hate the neon SRT4 model.  The SRT4 model was to compete with the young crowd to whoo them over from a bone stock civic. 

I hope people do know what dodge did with the SRT4, beefed up alot of the componenets, turbo, etc..they added things that were performanced added and not just for show like the civic owners did.  There are some 12sec SRT4s out there just by turning up the boost and some creating 400 plus HP with it.  Most I ever heard in stock form is 500 or so he had it at 40 psi of boost though and engine still going strong, granted he does not go crazy all day.

Lord Warlock

Just because a car had an SRT badge, didn't mean it was a great car,  souped up yes, but i wasn't impressed with the srt4 or the srt6 crossfire.  The srt8's have all been pretty respectable.  The srt4 neon still felt like a neon, and looked like a neon, but it brought the performance level up a bit to compete with the honda crowd.   I wouldn't mind letting my daughter drive an srt4 neon, but i won't be getting one for myself, no respectable 440 owner will accept a 4 cyl as a daily.  (I got the variable cyl 5.7 so the car could decide if it needed 4 or 8 cylinders, but it still had a v8 under the hood. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

dyslexic teddybear

interesting......

I'm into torque monsters. Cummins type torque monsters. I have three. One put's out enough torque to make a 440 blush. I've had BBs. Fun also. :D

So would a self respecting Cummins owner buy a SRT4?  :scratchchin:

This one would. :yesnod:

Ghoste

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 24, 2013, 08:47:26 PMThe SRT4 model was to compete with the young crowd to whoo them over from a bone stock civic. 

Exactly.  It wasn't meant to win the guy with the V8 love or the minivan.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Ghoste on November 25, 2013, 09:17:20 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 24, 2013, 08:47:26 PMThe SRT4 model was to compete with the young crowd to whoo them over from a bone stock civic.  

Exactly.  It wasn't meant to win the guy with the V8 love or the minivan.

Very true.

And I'll bet there is more then a few 440 owners out there that will not admit to being spanked by a Neon.  :D

A few years ago......Mopar day at the closest strip....a group of 4 Neons were consistently in the 11.4/11.6 range.

I was impressed. :yesnod:

War wagon

I have my own take on this.
I owned a 68 Charger years ago when Subaru announced they were releasing the WRX in North America. I had owned the car for 9 yrs at the time and only got to use it for one year before having to park it due to rust issues.
Subaru announced the WRX and I decided I needed a quick daily driver more than the charger and my Dakota..
So I sold my Dodges and but the import :smilielol: :eek2: :lol:
Well for 11yrs I worked on that car and made it faster and faster LOL , just can't leave well enough alone when it comes to cars LOL :smilielol:
Quick recap of the Wagon in E.T's.... Stock it went 15.86@86mph , then came 13's, 12's, 11's, 10's and finally the BEST pass I ever made was 9.76@142mph at Armdrop Live Toronto Motorsports Park in front of thousands of people.
Car was still street driven and full interior ( minus back seat for cage)
Well I can tell you first hand driving an import with 33psi of boost on the street is dangerous. My car had 2 GEARS LEFT IN THE TRANNY AT 150mph!!!
I was clocked on the straight at Mosport doing 176mph and I still had one gear left. This was a STREET car  :o

After 11yrs of owning it and putting up with the comments of people, being profiled by the police for driving a import I got sick of owing it. Rather than sell it intact and have the car kill someone I parted it out. It made 624WHP last time on Dyno...

I'm sure some videos are still kicking on YouTube of me, since I was the first Subaru in Canada quicker than 11.49, then the first in the 10's etc....
Car was known as WARWAGON :popcrn:

The whole time I had the car I never lost my love of MOPARS and raced along side my dad and all are friends with my import.. Some wouldn't race me, but most were like me and just wanted to go fast and have fun :cheers:

Well it's been gone for 3yrs now and I don't miss it one bit... Might miss the speed but I sure don't miss all the headaches associated with that car.
In the 11yrs years I owned it I missed my Charger EVERY SINGLE DAY :(

So.....

As soon as it was parted I bought another Charger :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :drool5: and this one isn't going anywhere.

My   :Twocents: is the 350Z is a wanna be and has no clue just like the kids in the video pointed out.

War wagon

Btw for the SRT Fans the fastest I know of in Ontario Canada is 10.70, not bad for wrong wheel drive ;)

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

War wagon

Quote from: odcics2 on November 25, 2013, 04:46:51 PM
Good story!    :cheers:

A pic of the 68 I had years ago that was sold...

A pic of my new baby

Ghoste

The Subaru wasn't white was it?  ;) ;D

War wagon

Quote from: Ghoste on November 25, 2013, 05:29:07 PM
The Subaru wasn't white was it?  ;) ;D

LOL ya that's it  :smilielol: :smilielol:
I will say as a mid forty something guy I just didn't suit that car. People almost expect a punk kid to get out LMAO
But there is NO substitute for a real car!! Namely a gen 2 charger.
If I cruised the beech in the subie, folks would tell me my car looks like I'm having a midlife crisis....
Cruise the same beech in the charger and get all kinds of compliments and cat calls lol. From young to old they ALL  love the charger and want a ride.
In 11yrs owning the subie no beautiful women ever asked for a ride, in fact I'm sure it turned a lot of women off. The charger has NO ISSUES in that dept.

My 25 yr old son is glad I bought another charger , my 12 yr old daughter wants the subie back lol

Ghoste

In all seriousness though, I do like the fact that the 68 and 69 both ended up the same color.  Was that by design or just the way it happened?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on November 25, 2013, 09:17:20 AM

Exactly.  It wasn't meant to win the guy with the V8 love or the minivan.

yup, car for car as in civic vs SRT4 I would take the SRT4.  68 charger vs SRT4, well its obviously what we would take.

IM only comparing apples to apples here nothing more not SRT4 vs V8 muscle. 

as for the videos im laughing my ass off about the 350Z...I dont even think some of the folks who responded watched the video or understood what was going on, but more concentrated on that SRT4 for some odd reason.

War wagon

Quote from: Ghoste on November 25, 2013, 06:58:03 PM
In all seriousness though, I do like the fact that the 68 and 69 both ended up the same color.  Was that by design or just the way it happened?

The way I see it, it was fate! LOL
The 68 was spiniker white when I bought and originally a B5 blue car. I the years I owned it the color grew on me. Every time I opened a Mopar mag there was a lime green or orange or some other hi impact color on most cars in the magazines. I have only seen a few white chargers in person in the last 30 yrs or so and I liked the fact that it's unique.
When it came time for a new Mopar, I had a short list of cars I would like to own.
71 Cuda, 68-70 charger, 62 dart, 63 fury, 71 demon ahhh who am I kidding lmao , I like them all....

So while surfing the classifieds I spied this white 69 that was an older resto, but Appeared to be in good shape.
As soon as I saw the car in person , things just seemed to fall into place. I stopped looking at the classifieds and couldn't let this white 69 get away.
Originally a A4 Silver 383 4bbl SE now spiniker white cloned to be an R/T
After driving it for the past couple summers and finally racking up some miles I've really come too appreciate the white color. Keeps the heat down inside the car and it's like a stealth mobile on the road.
Lots of folks don't give a white car a second look. Until I pass them and they here the exhaust then their heads spin too see what just went by  :smilielol:
One thing is for sure, this charger and I are in it till the end :o
I am slowly building the car up to run with the big dogs, import or otherwise. I have a reputation to maintain lol

Ghoste

It looks great to be sure, I love silver about the best to tell you the truth, but that car does look great.  Hang on to that rep. ;)

Dino

War wagon do you have more pics of the 69?  I want to see what my car looks like without the vinyl top.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

War wagon

Quote from: Dino on November 26, 2013, 10:19:44 AM
War wagon do you have more pics of the 69?  I want to see what my car looks like without the vinyl top.

Dino, that's a beautiful car you have 😉 it's funny cause I was looking at pics of yours thinking mine might need a vynil top somewhere down the road. And maybe the black accent stripes in the hood scallops. LOL

Here are a few pics for ya..

Dino

Sweet!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Your car looks awesome!   :cheers:

You need to paint those side marker bezels though.   :nana:

I couldn't tell from the smaller pic if you had a white vinyl top or a painted roof.  I like either one.  I do like the black top but it took me a while to get used to it.  I was never a big fan of tops on muscle but it has grown on me, and my wife absolutely loves it.  I agree that the whole black and white thing is pretty nice.

You just reminded me to order those decals, mine are getting old and I need to remove them to give the hood the V21 treatment anyway.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

The Charger rooflines lend themselves to the top.  I'm not a big fan of the top on musclecars either but the Chargers just seem to pull it off so well.

War wagon

Quote from: Dino on November 26, 2013, 11:01:10 AM
Sweet!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Your car looks awesome!   :cheers:

You need to paint those side marker bezels though.   :nana:

Thanks for the compliment :cheers: and pointing out the side marker bezels :o  ::)

Ghoste