News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally Bought a New Ram

Started by DC_1, November 19, 2013, 08:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

I checked local pricing in the PRK and they're going for $58k before tax and license fees! Gorgeous trucks though.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

No they aren't cheap but a couple of buddies have bought them recently and damn! they sure are a lot of vehicle.  :yesnod:

Magnumcharger

Wow! I just bought one as well! A 2014 Ram Laramie, loaded. I was thinking about getting three options more than what I had, and was going to have it built, but I heard it was going to take eight weeks to get it, or more, due to the truck plant shutting down for refit. I looked into dealer transferring, but couldn't find anything close to what I wanted. So I bought one off the lot. And I'm happy with the truck, even though it didn't have the anti-spin differential, the big gas tank or the Ram Box. That last one was a "must have" for me. But I'll live!

Since the picture was taken I've added the spray in boxliner, tonneau cover and Mopar accessory step plates. Mine has the Air suspension as well. And that Hemi....what a powerhouse!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

DC_1

Beautiful truck!.... I am 2 weeks into having mine and I love it! They told me 8 weeks to build it as well but they had it scheduled and in framing 2 weeks after I ordered it. I'm really happy with the Ramboxes. Gives me some place to keep all my crap - tie down straps, jumper cables, small tool kit, breaker bar and socket set as well as a bottle jack. I like to be prepared!

The limited version I got came with the spray in bed liner from the factory. The only thing I have done was ad the Extang hard tri cover and I pulled the stacked Ram1500 emblems off the door. It was too much for me and the Limited isn't suppose to have them anyway.

The only thing I don't like is the tow mirrors. The pass side glass is not easy to judge out of.

Magnumcharger

I have to agree with you on the mirrors. I'm finding it difficult to get a good view out of the limited area those mirrors cover. Ironically, My 2010 Challenger has smaller mirrors which are slightly convex, and they're absolutely fantastic in comparison.
I'm with you totally about the Rambox functionality too. I took the Ram grocery shopping last weekend, and it absolutely reinforced my concern for not having that option. We folded the rear seat up, dropped down the platform and put the groceries in on that. Well, that was a waste of time as everything just rolled around as we took corners. Bloody hell!
I went to Home Depot and bought four plastic totes, which we loaded the groceries into. This was before the bedliner was sprayed. From this point onwards, the totes are in the box for just that reason.
I haul a car trailer too, and was looking at putting my straps, etc in the Rambox. Now I believe I'll just put a toolbox on the trailer for the same thing. Booster cables will go under the back seat.
I just put this Hemi badge on the back. I think it adds a bit of flair! Next will be the 1971 Charger exhaust tips!

Magnumcharger

The 1971 Charger exhaust tips on my buddy Alan Gallant's truck. I really like this look!

70 sublime

I pick up my 2014 tomorrow :)

I traded my 2011 in on it (was finally worth more than I owed on it and got a deal on the new one with the same length 5 year loan and paying $120 less/month)

Mine is the quad cab 4X4 HEMI deep cherry red and chrome bumpers

Just a farm truck with a trailer hitch with out all the extra do dads
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Fred

They really are good looking trucks, I've always liked them.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

odcics2

Word on the street is that the upcoming Ram diesel 1500 will get around 28 on the highway.    :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

70 sublime

I traded in my 2011 on this 2014
I got the exact same truck as I had before so I would not get all the greif about getting a new truck from everybody (just looks like I washed my old one:) )
4DR 4X4 Hemi with a trailer hitch

List price was $36170
With the few extra things came to $38370

Now the best part which took me a copuple of weeks to get (also helped it was the end of the month when they tried harder to make sales quota )
With all the factory discounts and incentives I got another $12210 off the list price

Final price was $26159 for the 2014 and not including my trade in (then add all the extra fees and taxes,freight ect)

Top pic is 2014
Bottom pic 2011
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on November 20, 2013, 08:22:49 PM
Quote from: War wagon on November 20, 2013, 01:29:59 PM
Curious if you could post a interior pic or two? Please 😄

I'll take some tomorrow and post them

Quote from: War wagon on November 20, 2013, 01:29:59 PM
You have the best of both worlds IMHO, best looking truck on the road on the outside and comparable to any Lexus inside!

You are absolutely right!

The head of Interior Design at Chrysler is a German that came over from DamlierBenz in the dark days. He was a designer from Mercedes before his move to Auburn Hills  and after Daimler dumped Chrysler he ramained and eventually weathered the storm and became head of interior design. A lot of what you see is from him and his influence. All their current interiors are world class and the pickup looks as good as anything in a Mercedes SUV - IMO

Totally agree here too.  When I test drove mine, I was amazed at the interior quality.   It was between Ram and GMC, and for some reason GM just keeps making their interiors feel like they're made out of a cheap hunk of injection molded plastic and Radio Shack parts.   Even the Cadillacs feel cheap inside.   

The interior is what sold me on the RAM over the GMC (actually, that and a hemi test drive with my foot in the floor).   I hadn't planned on going back to Chrysler for anything after what I call the 'Dakota Debacle of 1999' but my wife's last 3 cars have all been loaded Mopars and I was impressed with each one.   They made great strides in design the 90's and IMO make a great product across the board these days.   I was hating on them until about a year ago, but the product quality is what brought me back, not Mopar loyalty :)

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

ACUDANUT

Nice truck. When is Dodge....eer Ram going to change the grill. They have had the same one for 20 years.  :brickwall: