News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The new beginning; Elephant with wings.... Whatcha think?

Started by hemi68charger, November 15, 2013, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

For those always giving me a hard time for those auto parts store batteries I always have, how's this !? Group 27 battery that should last a long time. It had better for what I paid !!!!   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

ws23rt

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Been following this for a while and it's great to see the hemi where it belongs.

A question I have is about the shade of engine paint. Not being critical just curious. In the engine compartment it looks lighter than the body color.

When I rebuilt a hemi charger for a friend years ago (A 67) I used rattle can mopar paint and remember their being two shades available after the fact.
When the car was done I was told about street hemi orange vs race hemi orange.

It's been a long time and am without clue as to original application of different shades :shruggy:

BTW It looks perfect :cheers:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 20, 2014, 03:04:25 PM
Well, today was the day I brought together the 426 Hemi and Daytona. With the help from Tuffy and Jacob, things went pretty smooth. So, finished is a major milestone in Operation Hemi-Transplant.

Lot more to do, but this is one less thing......

WOW !   :o  :faint:

hemi68charger

Quote from: ws23rt on June 20, 2014, 05:17:55 PM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Been following this for a while and it's great to see the hemi where it belongs.

A question I have is about the shade of engine paint. Not being critical just curious. In the engine compartment it looks lighter than the body color.

When I rebuilt a hemi charger for a friend years ago (A 67) I used rattle can mopar paint and remember their being two shades available after the fact.
When the car was done I was told about street hemi orange vs race hemi orange.

It's been a long time and am without clue as to original application of different shades :shruggy:

BTW It lo

oks perfect :cheers:

There are two shades of hemi engine colors; street and race hemi orange. I have the street hemi orange, which isn't a match to the V2 hemi orange car color.
Troy

ws23rt

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

JB400

Too bad the new Hellcat engines don't look that great like these cars do with Hemi's. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

This one came out great. :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Looks very, very nice & you put it in before the weekend. That means you should be driving it by Sunday.  :2thumbs:

tan top

:coolgleamA:  good stuff    :yesnod:  nice work AB Troy , looks awesome   :dance::drool5: :drool5: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 21, 2014, 05:06:36 AM
Looks very, very nice & you put it in before the weekend. That means you should be driving it by Sunday.  :2thumbs:

:smilielol:  I like you Mark, you have drive and well,,,,,, high expectations from people ................ But............... I doubt it........ But, I'll try......... Need to go get a tranny cooler.....
Troy

Mytur Binsdirti

My problem is that I have high expectations of myself & I think that everyone else should have the same. ;)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 21, 2014, 12:08:01 PM
My problem is that I have high expectations of myself & I think that everyone else should have the same. ;)

That's what my wife says about me...... So, there are "others" out there like us....... Ah Oh.....  :rofl:
Troy

472 R/T SE

Ah yes, rambunctious (spelled right the 1st time  :icon_smile_wink:) & full of piss & vinegar.  I used to be that way.  Look where it got me.   ;)

Frikkin' awesome Troy.  Your little project has enticed me to make some changes.   You know how you think your car is done (they're never really done) until you watch someone who you think is going overboard with details until all of a sudden you think why didn't I do that?   :shruggy:   :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Well, did some more today. Put together some of the lower suspension/torsion bars, heater hoses with the proper routing and modified the MSD Blaster coil with one of ECS's coil label transfers. Came out great !!! That was for all the guys who pointed out the white lettered previous coil...
Troy

hemi68charger

close up of the coil.....

then heater hoses all installed and routed. I'll be using the Chrysler Electronic distributor for awhile as the MSD trigger until I get one of my dual-point Prestolites converted to electronic guts
Troy

DAY CLONA

My, My, My....I remember when you first got this car, and you said you wished for a HEMI 4spd, and I said it's just a machine, you want a HEMI, put in a HEMI and a 5spd..."Oh No!" you replied, "it's staying original", didn't take long, now you just have to locate some pedals, a floor hump, new carpet, and decide on who's 5 spd (forget the 4 spd, although 5 sds are so "yesterday", think 6 spd) now Troy don't resist the manual tranny, it's only a matter of time...before you come over to the dark side

Looks great by the way!, nothing finer than a HEMI underhood, but trust me, you'll see how limited the Auto and GV is behind that elephant, start planning :nana:

Mike

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 22, 2014, 09:38:00 AM
My, My, My....I remember when you first got this car, and you said you wished for a HEMI 4spd, and I said it's just a machine, you want a HEMI, put in a HEMI and a 5spd..."Oh No!" you replied, "it's staying original", didn't take long, now you just have to locate some pedals, a floor hump, new carpet, and decide on who's 5 spd (forget the 4 spd, although 5 sds are so "yesterday", think 6 spd) now Troy don't resist the manual tranny, it's only a matter of time...before you come over to the dark side

Looks great by the way!, nothing finer than a HEMI underhood, but trust me, you'll see how limited the Auto and GV is behind that elephant, start planning :nana:

Mike

Thanks Mike..... and yes, I was a total purist "in the beginning"..... But, people change as you know....... In regards to the 4-speed stuff, I already have it all sitting in a box; hump, pedals, fork, even a 4speed......... But, unlike the engine transfer, there's cutting involved and I haven't gotten myself to that point yet. Also, there's the large financial burden of saving up for the 5speed itself... Maybe in time. For now, I'll just enjoy the 426 Hemi and the badges on the door..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

Mytur Binsdirti

What, no pictures of you driving it around the block?    :shruggy:

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

hemi68charger

After a nice and wonderful dinner with the family, Kim can cook !!! I decided to pay some attention to the fuel lines, radiator and well, something else. I straightened some if the radiator core fins that were bend and blow it out with some compressed air. Then I installed the rear and front fuel and vent rubber hoses. Finally, I added a nice touch which is more appropriate now..
Troy

Bug shield C500

SWEET!!!!. Looks great Troy, now you just need to close your eyes and do the 4-speed conversion. :icon_smile_big:
1969 charger 500 bugshield addition
1970 cuda 446-6 hole in the hood
1973 charger se 400
1973 sportman van 12 passanger (wife hates this one)

hemi68charger

Mopar fans... Worked on the Daytona some more today. Finished up the tranny lines, throttle cable, fan/shroud and misc items here and there. Pictures don't reflect drastic progress since it is small stuff now. Next items will be the tranny cooler in the nose area, wrapping up the MSD wiring, front suspension and misc items here and there. It is getting close..
Troy