News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ebay adjustable UCA's

Started by Hemidog, November 15, 2013, 06:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

bill440rt

I saw them before as well.

:scared: :scared: :scared:  S-C-A-R-Y!!!   :scared: :scared: :scared:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

garner7555

Looks to be well made, and if I read it right you can request chromoly tubes instead of aluminum.  I do metal fabrication as a side business and they look stronger than the factory arms I pulled off my car.  :Twocents:

But the user has to understand not to adjust them all the way out with only 2 or 3 threads holding.  :brickwall:

I have new magnum force uca on mine already so I won't be purchasing those, but if your serious about handling then these may not be a bad choice.  Little extreme for a street cruiser with the lack of rubber bushings tho.  :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

green69rt

Just a couple of things,  is aluminum strong enough for this application? I see that it is thick wall but still .... Also the lack of bushings make it seem like it would either rattle like crazy or add harshness to the ride.   Says it is for racing applications, nothing about street.  Anyone every tried them?  They do make a steel version.

HPP

Those look like homemade version of SPC control arms. Welds are large, I see some suck back on a couple of spots. Appear to be done manually.

I'd be reluctant to use an aluminum tube in that location  on a street car unless you plan in regular inspections. Aluminum does not fatigue the same as steel and it is possible to have a catastrophic failure if they are not inspected routinely to catch any issues quickly.

With KYB shocks, I bet they make a fair amount of noise and ride somewhat roughly.

WHITE AND RED 69

I've been seeing this type of arms a lot more lately, mostly on pro-touring chevy's. Can't beat the easy way to adjust them without removing them.

The one thing I don't like about them is the angle it shows on the heim joint. It looks like it will bind? I could be wrong but I always try to keep the heim centered. The angle just doesn't seem right to maximize travel when the car is under stress? The heim joints also seem a bit small? My Hotchkis ones look about twice the size.  
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1974dodgecharger

looks like something I need!  My UCA are all jacked up now since the front was lowered with hotchkis torsion bars and shocks it puts the stockers in a tight bind and you can see the bushings not connected to the arms part like it wants to shred or come apart.