News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drove the Charger, got many gestures...

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, November 15, 2013, 04:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Mostly thumbs-up  :2thumbs: or waves... Also got a big 'ol truck blasting its horn, redneck-style  :coolgleamA:

I love driving these old cars  :Twocents:

69chargerboy

I also get a lot of attention when I'm driving. Yells of "Nice car", "Light them up!" Or the more popular one "You got a Hemi in thar?" Plus people waving and thumbs up.  I'm a private person, a bit introverted, I don't like the attention. But I guess I can't have it both ways..I want to drive the Charger and be left alone...LOL  :shruggy:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Tilar

Quote from: 69chargerboy on November 15, 2013, 05:01:24 PM
I want to drive the Charger and be left alone...LOL  :shruggy:
That aint gonna happen.  :lol:   I work at the local high school and although I don't drive mine much, The kids all love it when I do. I actually had one kid that I was following, stop his jeep in the middle of the friggin road and get out and yell back "Nice car". I gave him a thumbs up and appreciated that he liked the car, but wanted to give him the one finger salute for stopping in the middle of a road.  :slap:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

JB400

It's surprising with the car being just a shell, how much of a conversation piece they can be.

charge69

When I drive mine, I, also, get lots of thumbs-up gestures and things yelled at me that I really do not understand ( service-connected for my hearing loss) but they have a smile on their face while yelling !  Ha !  What freaks me out a little are the people maneuvering around my Charger from the back to the front to get pictures on their cellphones. Most get Wayyyyy too close as they have no idea about my manual-drum brakes and their anemic stopping power at best !  Yikes!!!

It is still a big rush to drive it around here, though.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Had another fella today ask if the car had the horn that played Dixie  :slap:

tan top

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 15, 2013, 04:31:03 PM
Mostly thumbs-up  :2thumbs: or waves... Also got a big 'ol truck blasting its horn, redneck-style  :coolgleamA:

:cheers: great stuff  :2thumbs: 

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 15, 2013, 07:08:08 PM
Had another fella today ask if the car had the horn that played Dixie  :slap:

:brickwall:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1974dodgecharger

I got a horn that plays the Dixie lol..

It's great driving American piece of history.....when times were simpler and the car power at the time was unlimited.

xs29bb1

Great stories.

Maybe we should start a thread where you tell the craziest "fan appreciation gesture" you've received while driving your Charger!   :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: xs29bb1 on November 16, 2013, 12:16:41 AM
Great stories.

Maybe we should start a thread where you tell the craziest "fan appreciation gesture" you've received while driving your Charger!   :cheers:

I think we have one somewhere....

hatersaurusrex

I took my wife's '71 beetle down the road to keep it fresh the other day, and got looks from everyone, horn honks, and a random bum walking down the road stopped, pointed and say 'wow man nice ride'.

I can only imagine the attention my '68 will bring.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

ACUDANUT

Wow, what a kick in the nads.  Going from Charger Fans to Beetle fans.  :eek2:
I'd rather drive a Pinto than a beetle.

68blue

Most folks appreciate keeping the old cars running, their gestures of support make me feel good about the work I've done. :Twocents:

projectanimal

That's great!  We are looking forward to seeing thumbs up too!
My wife was showing her boss a few recent pictures of our charger and her 5 year old son asked "can we look underneath it and see if it says Matchbox?"   :smilielol: :smilielol:    Never thought that would be the ultimate compliment, but it is!!!!   :2thumbs:
northwest CT

myk

I always get a thumbs-up and a wave when I drive by gas stations; they love how I keep them rolling in dough...

1974dodgecharger

Lmao, now that's funny....

Quote from: projectanimal on November 16, 2013, 02:33:37 PM

That's great!  We are looking forward to seeing thumbs up too!
My wife was showing her boss a few recent pictures of our charger and her 5 year old son asked "can we look underneath it and see if it says Matchbox?"   :smilielol: :smilielol:    Never thought that would be the ultimate compliment, but it is!!!!   :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: xs29bb1 on November 16, 2013, 12:16:41 AM
Great stories.

Oh man, don't give him any ideas.   ;)

NHCharger

I took a friend to a car show the other month. First time in a Charger for her. She commented that she couldn't believe how many people slow down to check out the car or snap a pic with their phone.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: NHCharger on November 16, 2013, 09:19:49 PM
I took a friend to a car show the other month. First time in a Charger for her. She commented that she couldn't believe how many people slow down to check out the car or snap a pic with their phone.

A friend, huh...and it's a she....interesting.

NHCharger

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 16, 2013, 11:07:20 PM

Two of my best friends are "shes". One is a gear head and loves old cars, the other one I go cross country skiing and kayaking with. Wife has no problem with that. Neither should you.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1974dodgecharger

Not at all,  :2thumbs:

Quote from: NHCharger on November 17, 2013, 08:52:13 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 16, 2013, 11:07:20 PM

Two of my best friends are "shes". One is a gear head and loves old cars, the other one I go cross country skiing and kayaking with. Wife has no problem with that. Neither should you.