News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

572 hemi

Started by tiki, November 10, 2013, 09:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

my hands are small too, I think, but damn those plugs myk.  Its a major pain to get to I have to jack up the car to get to the No. 8 plug and some others.  If I could I would buy a crate 426....or 572 lol.
Quote from: myk on November 10, 2013, 11:28:37 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 10, 2013, 11:26:01 PM
Quote from: myk on November 10, 2013, 11:22:19 PM
Do you guys really have trouble changing plugs on a 440?  Can't be harder than changing the plugs on an LT1; that sucker took me a day and a half and a lot of tears...

have you not seen a spark plug change on a Hemi myk?  The 440, 383, etc.. are a pain especially with headers you gotta dig deep in there on top of that buy a special tool sometimes to get the plug out.  I like my 383 she is robust, but damn those spark plugs damn them to HELL.

Honestly I've never seen the plug situation on a B/RB with headers, as I have the stock manifolds on my 440.  I've got small hands, so maybe that's why it's easier for me to do it.  I don't know how some of you line-backer-type members change plugs, or do anything else for that matter... :lol:

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 10, 2013, 11:39:30 PM
my hands are small too, I think, but damn those plugs myk.  Its a major pain to get to I have to jack up the car to get to the No. 8 plug and some others.  If I could I would buy a crate 426....or 572 lol.
Quote from: myk on November 10, 2013, 11:28:37 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 10, 2013, 11:26:01 PM
Quote from: myk on November 10, 2013, 11:22:19 PM
Do you guys really have trouble changing plugs on a 440?  Can't be harder than changing the plugs on an LT1; that sucker took me a day and a half and a lot of tears...

have you not seen a spark plug change on a Hemi myk?  The 440, 383, etc.. are a pain especially with headers you gotta dig deep in there on top of that buy a special tool sometimes to get the plug out.  I like my 383 she is robust, but damn those spark plugs damn them to HELL.

Honestly I've never seen the plug situation on a B/RB with headers, as I have the stock manifolds on my 440.  I've got small hands, so maybe that's why it's easier for me to do it.  I don't know how some of you line-backer-type members change plugs, or do anything else for that matter... :lol:

But you have headers, right?

Challenger340

IMO,
Doing a Blower on a Wedge is great for WOW factor, same as the HEMI, both are really nice eye candy.
But.....
I dunno about being "cheaper" ?? seems to me by the time you are done....hanging the lung on the Wedge is going to hurt too ?

Just how often are you guys changing your plugs anyways ?? something wrong with your Engines ? or tune-up ? that this is happening more frequently than normal ?
Once a year...no big deal...Headers or not.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Fred

Just once a year but time sure flies.  :yesnod:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mytur Binsdirti

I just went for a ride in my friend's 477 Hemi & that thing's got a ton of power!  :o

Speedfreak

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 11, 2013, 04:59:16 PM
I just went for a ride in my friend's 477 Hemi & that thing's got a ton of power!  :o

Well, we all know what you will be building next!  Will it be a Hemi Wing Car or just a regular Hemi Charger?

71seguy

god ! id love to have eather and i wouldnt mind if it was tuff to change plugs ! im rockin a 318 !

redmist

I would skip the Hemi, and build a boosted/fuel injected 440 for the same price, or less.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: redmist on November 11, 2013, 10:18:19 PM
I would skip the Hemi, and build a boosted/fuel injected 440 for the same price, or less.

whats wrong with a boosted/fuel injected hemi?

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Fred

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 11, 2013, 04:59:16 PM
I just went for a ride in my friend's 477 Hemi & that thing's got a ton of power!  :o

Exactly!   :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: redmist on November 11, 2013, 11:31:25 PM
Costs to much.   :nana:
cost not a factor the OP though.  Like myk said for someone asking 440 or hemi means the have the money already unless they are only asking for kicks and giggles which is equivalent to, 'does my stock 4 banger honda civic beat a old ragged american muscle V8?

blksunblkmoon

I am still in the build process but my 572 looks huge under the hood.  :drool5:

I figured with a 572, I could never second guess myself about not going with a bigger engine. :2thumbs:

I will say it was a tough go fitting for the headers (a lot of cuts = fully custom).

What transmission are you going with to handle the HP?

Fred

It's my belief there's only one option. 4 speed with Dana 60 rear.   :Twocents:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Fred on November 12, 2013, 05:02:25 PM
It's my belief there's only one option. 4 speed with Dana 60 rear.   :Twocents:

:yesnod: :drool5:

1974dodgecharger

SEXY as they come...

:lol:
Quote from: blksunblkmoon on November 12, 2013, 04:54:21 PM
I am still in the build process but my 572 looks huge under the hood.  :drool5:

I figured with a 572, I could never second guess myself about not going with a bigger engine. :2thumbs:

I will say it was a tough go fitting for the headers (a lot of cuts = fully custom).

What transmission are you going with to handle the HP?

roger440

Quote from: Challenger340 on November 11, 2013, 08:19:38 AM
IMO,
Doing a Blower on a Wedge is great for WOW factor, same as the HEMI, both are really nice eye candy.
But.....
I dunno about being "cheaper" ?? seems to me by the time you are done....hanging the lung on the Wedge is going to hurt too ?

Just how often are you guys changing your plugs anyways ?? something wrong with your Engines ? or tune-up ? that this is happening more frequently than normal ?
Once a year...no big deal...Headers or not.

Or buy some modern iridium plugs and dont change them until 50K miles. Sorted.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

cazz

Gee I got 18k in my 440 and well I think its the wow factor!!!! Nothing wrong with some good reliable power...

69 ROCKET

I prefer the 572 Hemi. I was looking at pumping a few $$$ into my 383 or try and get into a 440, but after weighing up costs i think im better off going with the 572 for a few extra $$$