News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any particular P/S fluid for a '71 charger?

Started by Danj96221, November 12, 2013, 06:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danj96221

So I kinda just bought my first Mopar, also my first classic car, also the first car I've ever owned besides the crappy '98 Volkswagen that gets me to work and back. It's a '71 charger 500 that has a laundry list of small-to-moderate things that need to be fixed. Right now, I notice that the power steering fluid level is getting lower over time, and the classics front end shop that I had it brought to said that the steering box is leaking fluid. Until I can get it fixed, is there any particular kind of fluid that I should specifically try to use or avoid when filling it, or would any type that I can pick up at the auto shop suffice? Any help appreciated :)
"I have strong feelings about gun control - if there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood

Ghoste

I think you're safe with just about any of them.  Also welcome to the group, you'll have to show us some pics of your car.