News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Disk Brake Calipers

Started by DaytonaJim, October 01, 2013, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaytonaJim

My 69 Charger came with disk brakes.  The calipers need to be re-sleeved.  Rebuild kits don't work.  Has anyone bought aftermarket calipers that fit original spindles?  If so, what brand did you go with and how did they work for you?  Thanks
1969 Charger Daytona
1971 Challenger Convertible
1957 Chrysler New Yorker 2 dr ht
1957 Chrysler Windsor 2 dr ht
1941 Plymouth Business Coupe

rave_12000

69 should have dual piston calipers=big money.  by aftermarket, do you mean something like wilwood?  or do you mean aftermarket as in a1 cardone rebuilt originals?  if you want discs on there for cheap, use disc spindles from 70-4 e or b body.  get calipers from advance auto parts...like less than $10 a piece.  Use PIN type...not late 70s slider. 

5hunert

DaytonaJim, I think this may be what you're thinking about, because I have the same question.  O'Reillys now carries 4 pot calipers for the 1969 Bendix style brakes.  They are $137/side with $18 core.  They actually appear new, though they are boxed and sold as rebuilt.  Not sure what part of the Pacific (or Indian) ocean they come from.  They appear almost identical to the original castings, but don't have the 2 weird end bolts for attaching the brake hose bracket (re-use your old ones).  Much less than what people are asking to rebuild the originals, but at what cost?  Has anyone tried these?

I have a fairly original low mileage 69 Charger 500, so I want to avoid having to do the Ebooger conversion.