News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Warning to whom is thinking of buying Tti 2 1/8 header

Started by ozchargerguy, November 09, 2013, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozchargerguy

Warning guys tti big header: They fit great when the motor is out of the car and have no starter
But when you start fitting everything on nothing fits with out mods
Starter touches the torsion bar passanger side touches so to all of you
Thinking of putting big headers make sure to ask on fit meant and returns
If they don't fit right specially spending big dollars on them

Cheers Jim

Back N Black

I have TTI headers, no starter issues and no torsion bar issues. Did you use bigger torsion bars?

1974dodgecharger

are there two veresions of the tti's? 

Same with competition hooker headers the only way to get them out is to take the engine out and put them on engine has to be out.  NO clearence issues on the starter and hotchkis torsion bars, but spark plug issues though.

WHITE AND RED 69

A 2 1/8 header is a damn big header!

What heads do you have? The mancini racing site says they only fit Edelbrock performer and Indy EZ.

What starter do you have as well? Is it a mini? Seems odd the starter would touch the torsion bar.  :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Fred

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 09, 2013, 09:36:16 PM

No only the one version.  TTI's are made by TTI. And they're made to fit.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on November 09, 2013, 09:58:18 PM
A 2 1/8 header is a damn big header!

What heads do you have? The mancini racing site says they only fit Edelbrock performer and Indy EZ.

What starter do you have as well? Is it a mini? Seems odd the starter would touch the torsion bar.  :shruggy:

I don't understand it either. They're made to fit! 

Fred

Quote from: ozchargerguy on November 09, 2013, 03:44:32 PM
Warning guys tti big header: They fit great when the motor is out of the car and have no starter
But when you start fitting everything on nothing fits with out mods
Starter touches the torsion bar passanger side touches so to all of you
Thinking of putting big headers make sure to ask on fit meant and returns
If they don't fit right specially spending big dollars on them

Cheers Jim

I don't understand it Jim. They're made to fit!   I wouldn't have believed you can go wrong. My headers are 2 1/4" and had no fitting issues.

ozchargerguy

Well I'm running mini starter which quotes on there web site that fits and I'm running Indy ez heads not sure what's going on I'm pretty disappointed they cost me heaps  Fred ur got different motor there way different...

ozchargerguy

Same with competition hooker headers the only way to get them out is to take the engine out and put them on engine has to be out.  NO clearence issues on the starter and hotchkis torsion bars, but spark plug issues though.
I've got no issues with the plugs thank god but passanger side torsion bar will hit Yes I'm going run hotchkis torsion bars

Fred

Quote from: ozchargerguy on November 09, 2013, 11:04:58 PM
Well I'm running mini starter which quotes on there web site that fits and I'm running Indy ez heads not sure what's going on I'm pretty disappointed they cost me heaps  Fred ur got different motor there way different...

Fair enough Jim.  :2thumbs:
Sorry to hear you're having all this trouble. Hope it all pans out in the end with as little added expense as possible to you.

ozchargerguy

Well worse case il massage it I've gotten this far I'm sure il work something out Cheers

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: ozchargerguy on November 09, 2013, 11:12:09 PM
http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i342/jamesgogos/?action=view&current=null_zps353447cf.jpg&evt=user_media_share

This is extension bars from tool box which are thinner could it be my engine mounts?

what heads are you running?  I know with my ed heads RPM they are not wider than the 906s so near where all the tubes connect to each other on the hookers they scrape my transmission edge and you can hear it rattle at idle.  I need to do the hamemr thing on that part, but lazy....

ozchargerguy

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 10, 2013, 12:19:18 AM
http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i342/jamesgogos/?action=view&current=null_zps353447cf.jpg&evt=user_media_share

This is extension bars from tool box which are thinner could it be my engine mounts?

what heads are you running?  I know with my ed heads RPM they are not wider than the 906s so near where all the tubes connect to each other on the hookers they scrape my transmission edge and you can hear it rattle at idle.  I need to do the hamemr thing on that part, but lazy....

The heads are Indy ez it's crap when u pay so much and they dont fit
Well il have to hammer aswell

ozchargerguy

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 10, 2013, 12:19:18 AM

http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i342/jamesgogos/?action=view&current=null_zps1db552b4.jpg&evt=user_media_share
You see the heads in this pic if u zoom

fy469rtse

Jim , do the tti's have the raised areas around ports to gaskets, I used doug's for this reason,
You can machine this to more of an angle to move headers in more or out, just be careful doing this as a millimetre equates to inches down lower, I did this as well as dinging ,
You have no choice
I'm afraid especially with big primary's

ozchargerguy

Quote from: fy469rtse on November 10, 2013, 03:18:20 AM
Jim , do the tti's have the raised areas around ports to gaskets, I used doug's for this reason,
You can machine this to more of an angle to move headers in more or out, just be careful doing this as a millimetre equates to inches down lower, I did this as well as dinging ,
You have no choice
I'm afraid especially with big primary's
Not sure what you mean buddy there is a pic of the headers can you tell?

1974dodgecharger

the indy heads look narrow brinigng the headers in closer overall?  Which would mean the starter would have a hard time fitting in there and I see the torsion bar having a had time fitting as well. 

ozchargerguy

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on November 10, 2013, 04:42:12 AM
the indy heads look narrow brinigng the headers in closer overall?  Which would mean the starter would have a hard time fitting in there and I see the torsion bar having a had time fitting as well. 
We'll they are tight I sorted the starter issue but now for the torsion bar....

War wagon

Quote from: Fred on November 09, 2013, 10:26:40 PM

I'm sorry but that just isn't true.... They DO make 2 different sizes
The ones you have are meant for indy 1 or brodex heads with raised ports..
I have the 2" versions on my charger and I just bought the bigger ones for my father to go with his new indy 1 heads
When I ordered mine I tried to order the larger ones for my charger and they warned me of the fitment issues you are currently having...
The 2" versions fit like a glove on my 69 with NO dimpling required ( mini starter of course)

Hope that helps :Twocents:

firefighter3931

Hi Jim,

TTI makes 2 different step headers ; one for raised ex port heads and one for std ex port heads....when using a 440 block.

You have an EZ head casting (std ex port location) so the correct header for your car with the EZ's and an RB block is the 2in RB header or the lowdeck 383-400 step header.

If you got the raised port RB header then the fitment issues you're describing would make sense.  :yesnod:

What is the pn on your headders ?

FWIW ; I run the 2in 440 std port headers on my RB based 572 with a set of CNC 295 EZ's (std ex port location) and they fit fine with the torsion bars and mini starter.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

myk

If that's the case I find it odd that TTi didn't try to keep him from ordering the wrong headers...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ozchargerguy

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 10, 2013, 08:44:42 AM
Hi Jim,

TTI makes 2 different step headers ; one for raised ex port heads and one for std ex port heads....when using a 440 block.

You have an EZ head casting (std ex port location) so the correct header for your car with the EZ's and an RB block is the 2in RB header or the lowdeck 383-400 step header.

If you got the raised port RB header then the fitment issues you're describing would make sense.  :yesnod:

What is the pn on your headders ?

FWIW ; I run the 2in 440 std port headers on my RB based 572 with a set of CNC 295 EZ's (std ex port location) and they fit fine with the torsion bars and mini starter.  :2thumbs:

Hi Ron
I didn't order the headers the engine builder ordered them
They came in the create with engine surely he would know
Which heads and headers to order unless tti sent him
The wrong ones il get the pn today....

Ron

War wagon

Hate to say it but those are the big ones for raised ports and they won't fit

Either your builder told TTi the wrong info or they sent you the wrong ones...

:'( sorry to be the bearer of bad news

ozchargerguy

Quote from: War wagon on November 10, 2013, 04:28:22 PM

Cheers mate thought something was wrong
Well il have to make them fit

Fred

Quote from: War wagon on November 10, 2013, 07:53:22 AM

I have the 2" versions on my charger and I just bought the bigger ones for my father to go with his new indy 1 heads
When I ordered mine I tried to order the larger ones for my charger and they warned me of the fitment issues you are currently having...
The 2" versions fit like a glove on my 69 with NO dimpling required ( mini starter of course)

My mistake, I apologise.

War wagon

Quote from: Fred on November 10, 2013, 09:01:16 PM
Quote from: War wagon on November 10, 2013, 07:53:22 AM

My mistake, I apologise.

No need for apologies, just trying too help...

War wagon

Quote from: ozchargerguy on November 10, 2013, 04:37:56 PM

Beautiful car , hope you get it sorted out  :cheers:

ozchargerguy

Quote from: War wagon on November 12, 2013, 02:57:03 PM
Quote from: ozchargerguy on November 10, 2013, 04:37:56 PM

Thanks guys I ended massaging it they fit now :)

Beautiful car , hope you get it sorted out  :cheers: