News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrome Exhaust Tips

Started by 69hemidaytona, November 12, 2013, 11:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

I have a pair of NOS chrome exhaust tips in their original box. The part number is 2925763. That number doesn't come up anywhere that I can find. They are much longer than Charger tips but very similiar in construction. They have the rectangular shaped exit, but the inlet that mates to the tail pipe is only 1 5/8" ID and 1 7/8" OD. Any idea what these are for?

Ghoste

Coronet were longer weren't they? 

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on November 12, 2013, 11:12:13 PM

I wonder if they're the same exhaust tips that you and I had a nice discussion about a year ago? :popcrn: :D

69hemidaytona

I think they were but these look a little longer than Coronet tips even. The other thing is that the inlet is much smaller than a 440 Charger or Coronet tip. I was thinking maybe they are for a 340/383 Dart. The part number though is a mystery.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 12, 2013, 11:16:05 PM
I wonder if they're the same exhaust tips that you and I had a nice discussion about a year ago? :popcrn: :D
Nope I bought these a couple of months ago to get the NOS clamps that came with them. Once they arrived I realized that the clamps are way too small. They do match the tiny inlets on these tips though.

JB400

Quote from: 69hemidaytona on November 12, 2013, 11:20:24 PM
Nope I bought these a couple of months ago to get the NOS clamps that came with them. Once they arrived I realized that the clamps are way too small. They do match the tiny inlets on these tips though.
Just to clarify, someone posted a pair of used exhaust tips still attached to pipes.  Ghoste and I had quite the discussion as to what vehicle those pipes went to.

Ghoste

I have plenty of photos since then comparing the Dodge and Plymouth styles to prove my point incidentally.

69hemidaytona

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 12, 2013, 11:22:24 PM
Quote from: 69hemidaytona on November 12, 2013, 11:20:24 PM
Just to clarify, someone posted a pair of used exhaust tips still attached to pipes.  Ghoste and I had quite the discussion as to what vehicle those pipes went to.
Oops I didn't look closely enough at your post and misunderstood who you were talking to.