News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Disc Brake Conversion Parts List

Started by RIDGERACER383, October 24, 2013, 11:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDGERACER383

Hey guys.I'm getting ready to start looking around and stock up on parts for a front disc conversion.I have already found 68 Charger spindles and brackets for a fair price.I have some questions.Can I use 73 Charger calipers and rotors?73 charger calipers and rotors are available at the parts store.I've been reading brake conversion threads for a few hours now and trying to throw together something that will work.

Right now I have 4 wheel power drums.Will I need to change my master cylinder?I have brand new rubber brake lines on the front will I be able to use them?

Thanks in advance.
1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

Dino

I do not believe B body discs from a later model will work.  Look for the disc-o-tech article for a parts list.  I think you're looking for A body parts

Rubber lines need to be replaced with new flex lines.  Master cylinder needs to be replaced with one for discs.  You also need a combo valve if you're keeping drums in the rear and a 10# residual pressure valve.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

RIDGERACER383

Ok...Thought I would check.I'm just trying to find disks and calipers that will fit on the 68 spindles that I can get at the parts store.

Dino

I don't think here is such a thing honestly.  Then again, I don't know what all is available either so you may be lucky.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

RIDGERACER383

b5blue

ozchargerguy

Quote from: RIDGERACER383 on October 24, 2013, 11:31:55 PM
Hey guys.I'm getting ready to start looking around and stock up on parts for a front disc conversion.I have already found 68 Charger spindles and brackets for a fair price.I have some questions.Can I use 73 Charger calipers and rotors?73 charger calipers and rotors are available at the parts store.I've been reading brake conversion threads for a few hours now and trying to throw together something that will work.

Right now I have 4 wheel power drums.Will I need to change my master cylinder?I have brand new rubber brake lines on the front will I be able to use them?

Thanks in advance.
Do you want to sell your front drum spindles?

RIDGERACER383

not sure yet.They are original to the car and i'm not hurting where I need to sell them.

ozchargerguy

Quote from: RIDGERACER383 on November 20, 2013, 10:10:55 PM
not sure yet.They are original to the car and i'm not hurting where I need to sell them.
Thanks mate Iv got some already cheers anyway

RIDGERACER383

Are the front drums the same as the rear?can I use the front pads on the rear?