News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STOLEN 1972 Charger owned by KWS

Started by KWS, November 07, 2013, 02:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

I'm not giving the guy any added stress.  If he logs on, big deal.  If not, no biggie.  I'm sure he has other priorities on his plate that are much higher than finding a lost car.  If he finds it, that's great.  If not, it's an unfortunate circumstance.  The bigger question is "If your car was stolen, would you want me to care?"  If your answer is no, then we can tell all the police officers and the military to go home, because what they're doing is no longer important.  If your answer is yes, then just go on about your life, but keep it in the back of your mind to keep an eye out for a black 72.  If you see it and let us know about it, it's greatly appreciated :cheers:

By the way, he did respond here.

I'll go back to my corner :popcrn:

Ram07

Yes, a look out is a good thing for sure...help is always welcome!

He replied after there was so much complaining on here...scroll back, and re-read...   :slap:  :cheers:

greenpigs

Quote from: Ram07 on January 09, 2014, 03:26:46 PM
Yes, a look out is a good thing for sure...help is always welcome!

He replied after there was so much complaining on here...scroll back, and re-read...   :slap:  :cheers:

Right :2thumbs:

For most of us he can replace that Charger much quicker than we could if our ride was stolen. Not hating on KWS for having $$$$ as it is what it is, BUT it will be much easier for him to get another Charger.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

C_stripes

Don't know how it matters that KWS can build another or not. But there is NO REASON for disrespecting him because other people on here are upset he didn't post here with every update. I have written back and forth with KWS on more than one occasion and he seems like a nice guy that is also a mopar fan just like us. Doesn't matter if he can replace it within a night of work or not. He's not the one in the wrong. Fact is the car was stollen. So there's six pages on here about a stolen car, KWS didn't post all if them, so why the disrespect Ram07?
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

C_stripes

Oh, and yes, I think most people here give a crap if any of the other members cars get stolen.

Bob T

Quote from: C_stripes on January 09, 2014, 06:42:59 PM
Oh, and yes, I think most people here give a crap if any of the other members cars get stolen.

Sure do, I really hope he is able to find it or get a lead on to where it is, hopefully its still in one piece.
I'd think that if anyone on here had heard even a whisper about the car then they'd have contacted the authorities straight away.
And yeah good on him for joining under his own name, if Tom Petty or Dave Grohl joined the site under a different name, nobody would know and all the members would just see it as another Car Guy. Maybe a bit harder in this case as the black Gen III is known as the KWS car, I'm sure he's a busy guy and doesn't log in that much, not a big deal, there is a lot of life going on outside the internet.
That Brittany b.s. has no part in a stolen car thread and its demeaning to the OP and everyone else. Just my two cents
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ram07

Now it seems I'm disrespecting him, really?...How do grown men become star struck?

Never seen a post about old Jim who works shift work in a mine, lost his 71 Dodge last 6 pages!

Or others getting there panties in a knot cause he didn't update....wow!

Explain how I was disrespectful.

ACUDANUT

I am sure that Charger had plenty of insurance on it.  Build another. This time do a 72 Rallye.  :cheers:

C_stripes

Quote from: Ram07 on January 09, 2014, 02:33:39 PM

I'd feel bad for a regular Joe that lost his car...not some dude that can sing a few songs in a night, and make more than enough to replace it...

Regardless of who it is, their car/pride and joy got stollen. You basically say that no one should care just because of who he is. I think your just a jealous prick with nothing else to do but stir shit up.

I do agree that some people have taken this more personally than they should have. But if you really were to look, you would find other threads of stollen cars that have multiple pages to them. Also, you can't count all six of the pages as several posts are unrelated to the concern.

Why is it such am issue to you anyway. If you don't like that people have posted here, big deal. Keep it to yourself... 

I'm done with the subject as this is really lame!

Todd Wilson

Quote from: KWS on December 25, 2013, 08:17:53 PM
You guys are funny. I apologize for not posting sooner. Does me taking time out of my Christmas evening to post an update make up for it? The fact is, there's no update to post really. No leads, no car, no parts, no nothing. For those of you wondering why the car wasn't at my house, as you can see in the Britney photos, my cars get rented out from time to time for TV, movies and photo shoots. The day it was stolen it was scheduled to be used in a new television show and following that a major movie. It's certainly a bummer that the car is gone, but we will build more cars. My friends, family and loved ones are all still accounted for, so that's what is important. I appreciate all of you keeping an eye out for me.

I think KWS needs to fill us in on the Britney photos!    :yesnod:

Todd

AKcharger

Hmmm I think it's time for dolphins!

MxRacer855

Quote from: C_stripes on January 09, 2014, 06:42:59 PM

Agreed. I just saw a few of the last posts and just wanted to share my thoughts (however welcome/unwelcome they may be). For the record, I have no idea who "KWS" is and in the most respectful way possible... I really don't care. We all live different lives on here and needless to say some of us are more fortunate than others. That's completely irrelevant subject matter on a site revolving around owners of the best car ever made. With that being said, someone lost their amazing car. We all can respect that and sympathize with them. I don't scroll through every post on here, and this one just happened to be the first one regarding a stolen Charger, which caught my attention. It could have been anyone on here and I would have commented as much as I have. I just found out this "KWS" guy is someone special and it doesn't change a thing...

Best of luck finding the car still.  :Twocents:

Jeff

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Bob T on January 09, 2014, 07:34:43 PM

That Brittany b.s. has no part in a stolen car thread and its demeaning to the OP and everyone else. Just my two cents

Lighten up  dude   :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ram07

There was no disrespect intended, I apologize if it was taken that way..

Am I jealous? No.

Simply stating that some on here seem to...well, no matter....its just a car as KWS says, can be replaced.

Ram07

Quote from: C_stripes on January 10, 2014, 05:57:58 PM

I'd feel bad for a regular Joe that lost his car...not some dude that can sing a few songs in a night, and make more than enough to replace it...

Regardless of who it is, their car/pride and joy got stollen. You basically say that no one should care just because of who he is. I think your just a jealous prick with nothing else to do but stir shit up.

I do agree that some people have taken this more personally than they should have. But if you really were to look, you would find other threads of stollen cars that have multiple pages to them. Also, you can't count all six of the pages as several posts are unrelated to the concern.

Why is it such am issue to you anyway. If you don't like that people have posted here, big deal. Keep it to yourself... 

I'm allowed my point of view....no?
Where's a sticky thread of other cars stolen... ::)

Troy

Quote from: Ram07 on January 15, 2014, 01:55:27 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on January 10, 2014, 05:57:58 PM

I'm allowed my point of view....no?
Where's a sticky thread of other cars stolen... ::)
Just below this one?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ram07

That's a thread of lost/stolen parts, does not compare...unless I'm missing something?

JB400

There have been other cars stolen that had a thread.  Case in point, one member in KC had his rig stolen with the charger in the trailer.  But, since the Charger was recovered in a rather short period of time, there was no need to sticky the thread.  Had it not been discovered, I'm sure it'd be sticky'd too

Troy

Quote from: Ram07 on January 15, 2014, 04:17:21 PM
That's a thread of lost/stolen parts, does not compare...unless I'm missing something?
There were many cars and several owners who lost stuff. Travis got one of his cars back as a shell and another that was mostly wasted. The guy pretty much stripped the cars so, of there was anything to get back, I'm not sure it would be considered a car (see harlandodge's posts).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RCCDrew

This is gonna sound dumb, but I saw a similar car at a cruise night in corpus. Dark 72 SE. It left as I was driving in. I was thinking that I wanted to look at it because it looked like the KWS Charger. I'll look for it in a month when the cruise night happens again.
I'm not saying it's the car, just that it looked similar.

KWS

Just an update to say there still has been no sign or word of my car anywhere. RCCDrew, let me know if you see that car again. I'd be curious to know about it.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

4cruzin

I hope it turns up Kenny but at this point, I would think the odds are against you.  But I sure hope we figure out who took them at some point and make them pay!   :RantExplode:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Dino

That totally sucks...sorry man.  It's painful to lose a car in any way, but this is like having your child kidnapped.  Well maybe not that drastic but you get the drift.   :lol:

Any plans on a new build?  By the way, didn't you run a T-56 in that Charger?  It's on the top of my list to stick one behind the 440 in the '69 and any feedback on how the trans feels in a big b body would be appreciated!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Steve P.

Thieves tear my ass to begin with, but who was in charge of the cars? Didn't ANY of them have Lo-Jack on their cars??

Not that any of that will help at this point, but maybe this will show all who read this that even high end cars that a very large number of people would recognize can be stolen all too easily.

I think for real car thieves lo-jack is only something that will get them busted in the first several minutes of a car missing. Most chop shops know how and where to look for them. Of course the sellers and installers will say something like: I HIDE IT IN A DIFFERENT PLACE THAN OTHERS. Yeah, because cars have a million places they can hide power wires and an antenna wire.

Anyway, it sure would be nice to get it back and hang the bassards that grabbed it.. 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida