News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STOLEN 1972 Charger owned by KWS

Started by KWS, November 07, 2013, 02:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Hell, what a kick in the guts, sorry to hear the situation. Hope the car turns up and in one piece real soon bud, scumbags  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Maybe with a bit more publicity those low lifes will realise its too hot a ticket to handle and someone will rat them them out, here's hoping.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

ACUDANUT

KWS, why was your Charger not in your garage with 7 camera's looking at it. ?

Dreamcar

I saw the build of that car on TV. Beautiful machine!

I hope you get it back and they catch those guys!!!
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

bull

If two other cars were found there's a good chance yours will be found too. I mean they must be small-timers or the other cars would not have been found. Did they not know whose car this was? High profile build and design, owned by a pretty famous musician? Why would a thief purposely draw that kind of attention to himself unless he's just a complete fool?

One thing I'd like to request you do when your car is found and the thieves are caught: please make sure they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I understand forgiveness and mercy and all that but you'd be doing the rest of us a big favor if you make an example out of the scum who stole your car. Maybe if a big deal was made of it thieves would think twice. At any rate I'd like to see their faces on TV and a detailed plan for restitution drawn up and followed to the letter. If it's going to cost $10k to fix I want to see those clowns out picking up freeway trash for $1/hour until it's paid off.

mrsskip68

So very sorry to hear about your theft Kenny.  Its hard enough to sell one, but to have a jack azz steal it, .......its like lemon juice on a open wound. Skip and i are an hour from vegas, so we got this covered. Skip68 & vegasmike are heading to palm springs in AM on a mopar rescue, so they will keep eyes out in that area too! Hope you find your baby soon.
Mrs. Skip68 (Lisa)

RIDGERACER383

Sorry to hear about your car man..I would be crushed if somebody took mine..The good news is a lot of these thieves are stupid and will try to sell your car at a rock bottom price via the Internet.Peoples stolen cars have popped up on Craigslist in the past and other online classifieds.

I'll scope around online and see what I find.Good luck getting your car back.
1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

mowdawg

Also pasted to my Facebook.

Good luck, Kenny. 

TruckDriver

It's been on my Facebook and a few of the Mopar groups a few days from me now too.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Cooter

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 08, 2013, 11:17:02 AM
:yesnod:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Budnicks

I posted photos & referenced this tread on FBBO too, I hope he/Kenny gets it back
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Cooter on November 13, 2013, 07:16:47 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 08, 2013, 11:17:02 AM
:yesnod:

I read somewhere it was being used for a photo shoot or something like that?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

MxRacer855

I know the feeling from a past experience with dirt bikes. :-( Best of wishes to you finding them and retrieving them in great condition.

hemi-hampton

Bummer, Sorry to hear this. I hope you get it back. Good Luck. LEON.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 6spd68 on November 18, 2013, 12:33:09 PM
Any news on her yet?

I spoke to Kenny this morning, hasn't been found yet :(
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Plum Crazy 68

Got my eye out for it in the I.E. and San Diego County.  Good Luck! :icon_smile_blackeye:

Ghoste

How many of the other cars have been recovered now?

Paul G

Quote from: KWS on November 07, 2013, 09:00:58 PM
The good news is it's just a car and can be replaced.

My guess, it's either in Mexico by now, or in a shipping container going over seas. Sorry to say, I doubt it will be seen again. If it was a local theft by some joy riders it would have turned up. Probably pro's who already had the means to move them quickly. I wonder how they found the others?

Just like loosing a good dog, we grieve for a while, then get a pup and all is better. What would you build if you have to do it over. Another 72? Go 3rd gen Hemi again? Old school big block with modern fuel injection? SRT10 6 speed transplant?

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Ghoste

I fear you're right and that is what insurance is for, but it sure would be nice to catch the scumbags.

Todd Wilson

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

ACUDANUT

I guess he is going to keep it a secret ?  :shruggy:

MxRacer855

We all want an update... terrible news.  :'(

BrianShaughnessy

It was spotted in the NY Post today...   Britney Spears stole it!!!     ( I'll try to scan the full pic article later ).
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.