News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STOLEN 1972 Charger owned by KWS

Started by KWS, November 07, 2013, 02:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWS

Hey guys. I'm very sad to say that my 1972 Charger was stolen this morning around 5am in Northridge CA from the Picture Car Warehouse lot along with 4 other vehicles. I'm on my phone so I can't post pics, so if anyone can help me by posting some pics of the car I would appreciate it very much. The car had a full feature in Popular Hot Rodding Magazine, so all the details about the car can be found there as well. The car is pretty unmistakeable. All blacked out with many custom features from the black Foose Challenger wheels to the 392 new gen Hemi, Viper 6-speed, custom interior, body mods, etc. There's really no way for this car to move around under the radar, so I'm concerned as to what may actually happen to it. I'm told the thieves hit another car when driving it out of the lot, so it should have some damage.if you could keep your eyes and ears open for it, especially if you live in SoCal I would be very grateful. If you happen to see it or hear anything about it, you can PM me, contact PCW or call

The Los Angeles Police Dept. West Valley Division at:

818-374-7611

Thanks for your assistance and support.

JB400

Sad to hear that.  

I hope you're able to get it back.  Best of luck

JB400

Your ghost stripe confused me for minute :lol:

polywideblock

would be pretty hard to miss it wouldn't it?     :scratchchin:

hope you get your ride back    :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

Car thieves should be punished the way horse thieves were. :flame: :flame: :flame:

1974dodgecharger

How da fck they gonna steal Kenny's car.  God damn these things should be punished Kenny....well help in anyway possible....

Mike DC

Shit, that sucks!  

This, and 4 other cars?  Are you sure which stolen car got dented on its way out?  Or could they have been towing cars out and the tow vehicle did the crunching?  

The other cars that were taken might suggest something about the thieves and their intentions.  Were they the easiest several cars in the lot to reach, hotwire, and drive away?  Were they all cars that would be very valuable intact (perhaps to an overseas buyer)?  Or very full of re-sellable parts?  Or a little of everything?  

Just some things to consider.

BrianShaughnessy

Well that sux  :'(    but it's kind of a high profile car which is good for you.   If it shows up anywhere it won't be hard to prove who the rightful owner is.   Unless it's on some container ship now  :shruggy:

Very sorry...  but good luck !
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

kokxville

Damn  :flame:

Sorry to hear this man.i hope not,but if it turns up overseas somewhere,i'll let you know.
I will keep an eye out here.
Good luck and i hope you have that beautiful charger back soon.

John
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Dino

Man I sure hope that car, and the others, turn up soon.  Very sorry to hear about this.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

UGGH... Charger owner's nightmare.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
What an awesome car. It is unmistakeable, which is a good thing.

I sincerely hope it turns up soon, and the thieves get what they deserve to the highest degree.
Best of luck KWS.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bmoparmofo

Sorry to hear about this, hopefully you get her back safe and sound!
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

E5 Charger

That sucks! Very sorry to hear that. I hope you get it back soon and the damage is minor. Good luck.

XH29N0G

Quote from: E5 Charger on November 07, 2013, 10:18:01 AM
That sucks! Very sorry to hear that. I hope you get it back soon and the damage is minor. Good luck.

Ditto. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ghoste

Man I hate thieves.  Just to touch on what Mike said, what were the other cars?  It might help us to know where yours went if anything on the other ones turns up.

C_stripes

Eyes open in the Portland, OR area. Good luck on the return Kenny.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

chargerboy69

Wow KWS that does stink.  Hopefully the authorities are able to find it and get it back home.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Todd Wilson

Hope they find it................that's gonna be a pretty tough car to hide..................Kansas Mafia will keep an eye out in Kansas here for it.............

Todd

6spd68

:icon_smile_dissapprove: One of the worst feelings...

Hopefully they find it before she's stripped to pieces, or shipped overseas.

Scour E-bay/craigslist/kijiji like a mofo for identifiable parts or a string of parts together that look similar to yours.

Best of luck with your recovery!

Hopefully insurance doesn't bend you over too hard sir.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

4cruzin

Sad news for sure!  Hope it turns up soon and in one piece . . .  :flame:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Back N Black

Wow! that sucks, any video cameras in the building? Probally an inside job.

flyinlow

Car thieves ...Hangin's too good for them.   :flame:

JB400

There's nothing in the news about what was stolen.  Just the notices here and a couple other forums.

Mr.SpeedFreak

No way! Before I bought my '69 I almost picked up a '71 and had a ton of pictures of your car as inspiration, sad to hear it's been stolen. If for whatever reason it's heading north I have my eyes peeled in southern Oregon along the 5. At least it's a very recognizable car, hope it's found soon and please keep us posted!
"Hey wait a minute, why aren't you slowing down?" "She doesn't know me very well, does she, Deke?"

'69 Charger R/T SE "Speedfreak" Triple-black street monster in-progress