News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yahoo! Autos: 10 muscle car-era features that need to come back

Started by bull, November 09, 2013, 01:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

JB400

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

charger Downunder

[/quote]

odcics2

Quote from: Fred on November 09, 2013, 02:04:59 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 09, 2013, 01:39:00 AM
Calling the wing cars a "Flying brick"  ????

Where did you read that?

The Dodge Charger Daytona and the Plymouth Superbird were iconic cars, but they weren't influenced by the dragstrips the way muscle cars were, or by the road courses like Trans Ams, Z/28s and AMXs. The Charger Daytona and Superbird were fully influenced by the superspeedways at Daytona and Talladega. Flush rear windows, nosecones and two foot tall rear wings allowed race versions of the Daytona to crack the 200 mph barrier for the first time. They helped lower drag to 0.28 Cd, a figure that puts this flying brick in the same league as the Chevy Volt.

Screw the author!!  Obviously a foole!!    :smilielol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

myk

Author is a complete fool, like most modern auto-writers are.  Besides, the modern muscle car era is doing just fine on its own...

Ghoste

Probably not even an auto writer but another self styled freelancer who picked up a couple of dollars from an online offer.

bull

Yeah, I shake my head at 90% of the modern articles I read about classic cars. The other 10% are tolerable at best.