News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mini starter issues with tti 2 1/8 headers

Started by ozchargerguy, November 05, 2013, 09:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

I've got absolutely no issues with my 2 1/4" TTI headers and mini starter. Plenty of room between headers and starter and torsion bars. I don't know if a hemi makes a difference, I wouldn't have thought so.  :scratchchin:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

polywideblock

on the problem with the pics use photobucket its easy and free  :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ozchargerguy

Quote from: Fred on November 09, 2013, 04:26:54 PM
I've got absolutely no issues with my 2 1/4" TTI headers and mini starter. Plenty of room between headers and starter and torsion bars. I don't know if a hemi makes a difference, I wouldn't have thought so.  :scratchchin:
Must be way different to hemi coz these pipes touch on torsion and starter

Steve P.

Bob T, this is a great fix for keeping a stock feel to the motor and keeping the engine from torquing over under load..

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13216.0.html

Oz,  You also may be having an issue with the motor mounts.. A worn out mount or set of mounts will allow the motor to sit low. If you do replace your mounts, follow the link above also. It's a GREAT way to lock the motor down and have nowhere near the shake and vibration through the car like a solid mount will give. At the same time it keeps the motor from torquing over.. 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ozchargerguy

Well blocks are different heads are different a lot of things are different Fred...
I guess ur lucky with having a hemi

ozchargerguy

Quote from: Steve P. on November 09, 2013, 06:15:54 PM
Bob T, this is a great fix for keeping a stock feel to the motor and keeping the engine from torquing over under load..

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13216.0.html

Oz,  You also may be having an issue with the motor mounts.. A worn out mount or set of mounts will allow the motor to sit low. If you do replace your mounts, follow the link above also. It's a GREAT way to lock the motor down and have nowhere near the shake and vibration through the car like a solid mount will give. At the same time it keeps the motor from torquing over.. 

Hi Steve yes I've already did that procedure with the mount cool idea the mounts are new from shumacher also I ran a torque strap extra safe ;) I'm thinking of mods to the mounts tho to get it lower so torsion bar clears

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

myk

Just click on the IMG code and post it in a reply like this:

ozchargerguy

I've got loads of pics just learning all this download loading through photo bucket

Bob T

Here's a few of ozchargerguy's pics, the pictures tell some of the story, looks like its been a long haul,  fill in the gaps for us bud.

That's quite a striking blue  :coolgleamA:

Thanks for the link Steve, I'll follow that up  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

A few more  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

ozchargerguy

Quote from: Bob T on November 11, 2013, 04:38:32 AM
Here's a few of ozchargerguy's pics, the pictures tell some of the story, looks like its been a long haul,  fill in the gaps for us bud.

That's quite a striking blue  :coolgleamA:

Thanks for the link Steve, I'll follow that up  :2thumbs:
Thanks buddy will do ;) it's getting there with lots of hard work....

myk

Quote from: ozchargerguy on November 09, 2013, 08:12:33 PM
I've got loads of pics just learning all this download loading through photo bucket

Just upload the 'pic, then copy the IMG link/code and then post that link in your reply:

ozchargerguy

Quote from: myk on November 11, 2013, 11:50:53 AM
Quote from: ozchargerguy on November 09, 2013, 08:12:33 PM

Just upload the 'pic, then copy the IMG link/code and then post that link in your reply:

Thanks myk I've worked it out now cheers