News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

100 Hp Mini buggy is getting closer to the finish line................

Started by skip68, November 02, 2013, 10:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I've been building this for my son (and I, LOL) for a couple weeks and finally got the swing arm extended, shocks relocated and the motor is in.     Really testing my welding/fabricating skills.     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Don't let it get to you. Some of us are just better at it than others.  :icon_smile_big:  :nana:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mike DC

What kind of engine is that thing, anyway?

Looks like a fun project.

skip68

It's a Honda CBR 600 sportbike engine.    Should be a fun ride.         
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mrsskip68

Guess who is going to be the first victim/driver/crash test dummy,..........yep the skipenator! Must be super safe, before i let my first born drive it!

JB400

too chicken, huh?  :nana: How dangerous could it be? :lol: ;)

Don't blame you really. :2thumbs:

ws23rt

Quote from: skip68 on November 03, 2013, 08:08:12 AM
It's a Honda CBR 600 sportbike engine.    Should be a fun ride.         

It looks like a hemi to me :2thumbs:

twodko

This is prime.....

"How dangerous could it be?"  :smilielol:

Have fun, be safe or...........face Lisa! Just sayin'
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

68coronetGLwannabe

Better put some wheelie bars on that thing. We built one once with a Yamaha 250 engine, it went straight really fast but wasn't easy to turn.  Looking good though.  :2thumbs:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

skip68

Got it to fire tonight.   Woohoo.  At least I've got the wiring right.   Soon.  Very soon.   

mrsskip68

Anybody know of a good life insurance agent?  :smilielol: :nana: need it before, test drive day for chuck!  :D

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mrsskip68

472 R/T SE

skip68

This motor in this little mini sand rail is EXTREMELY OVERKILL.   Jesus, what was I thinking?     :2thumbs:
:drool5:

JB400

skip68

It's actually like driving a 1100-1200hp Charger.  Power to weight ratio.   Pretty much just plain stupid I guess.    It will beat my neighbors Corvette and my other neighbors Challenger.     Video will soon fallow.   

skip68

More wiring work, MORE frame support and lights.  

472 R/T SE

This is a 107 Hp buggy I'd like to have.  A while back a commercial came on for a smaller Razor & I told the wife I wanted one.  It shocked her & she wanted to know if I was serious.  She said fine & dandy but if I get one & crash it, I needed to crash it good & hard.  None of this half ass (paralyze worthy crashing) crashing, do it & do it right.  But she loves me...really.   ;)

skip68

Man that looks like fun.   I'll crash it with you and we will do it right.
:smilielol:      What's the price tag on one of those?    I just got access to a CBR 1000 (180hp) motor and am going to build another bigger buggy.    I have to hurry because Lisa's insurance policy runs out in 90 days.     

Mike DC

All those 4-wheeler vehicles, Razors, UTVs, Polaris . . . seems like they are replacing what the original Jeeps were.   A 1950s flat-fender Jeep is so much smaller/simplier/lighter/cheaper than what modern street-legal Jeeps & trucks have gradually grown into.

mrsskip68

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 22, 2013, 04:58:11 PM

All those 4-wheeler vehicles, Razors, UTVs, Polaris . . . seems like they are replacing what the original Jeeps were.   A 1950s flat-fender Jeep is so much smaller/simplier/lighter/cheaper than what modern street-legal Jeeps & trucks have gradually grown into.

I fully agree!! Do ya want a rock crawler or a desert duster? 

472 R/T SE

Skippy, we can go in halfsies.  Those bad boyz are up to $19,999.

They come as 4 seaters' so we can put the hags (I mean our better halves  :coolgleamA:) in back.
Problem is petite as Lisa may be, I don't think there would be enough room for her once my wife got in.  We'd prolly need you to weld up a set of wheelie bars too.

We used to have just an absolute blast out on the sand dunes.  Some of the crap we used to do, surprised someone never got hurt like me before.  We used find a small little area, set boundries & turn off our lights & start looking for each other.   ::)

6 days away from being a decade since that fateful day I gave chase after a friend who sprayed me with sand.