News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a good deal?

Started by chargd72, November 04, 2013, 09:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

Collecting parts for my rebuild.  Already have a set of ported eddy heads needing  a set of rockers.  These typically go for big bucks new but I never really looked into buying used rockers.  Any advice would be helpful.

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/4169687453.html

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

John L

The ad says their for a small block, is that what your putting in your Charger?

chargd72

Quote from: John L on November 04, 2013, 09:52:28 AM
The ad says their for a small block, is that what your putting in your Charger?

Yes, I have a 360 block being built into a stroker.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

JB400

I'd question used speed parts.  Why'd he pull them off?

firefighter3931

Here's what the add says :

"All are in very good shape .
Several have impact wear on screw seat
Shaft tubes are in great shape, no cracks or other damage.
Springs spacers also included."

It seems contradictory....all are in good shape yet several have impact wear on the screw seat.  :scratchchin:  So which is it ?  :shruggy:

This is not something i would trust on my fresh build. Rocker arms are arguably the most important and highly stressed component in the engine. Not an area you want to cheap-out on, inmo.  ;)

If you're looking for a budget rocker arm ; try and find a set of the ductile iron Crane/Isky rockers. Those are virtually indestructable and unless you plan to run a solid roller with over .650 valve lift they will be fine. 

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

chargd72

Thanks guys!  That's all I needed to hear.  I'll pass.