News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Upper (door) Pads

Started by 69fourspd, November 01, 2013, 12:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69fourspd

Just got a set of new upper pads from B/E&A. I have to say they look great and am impressed with the quality.  I spoke to Mike and he recommended using small black screws to attach the window fuzzy/cat whiskers. I figured I would take some pics in case anyone was curious about the look of the pads along with the screw attachment.

1. First Pic - is of the Pads
2. Second Pic - Nice crisp detail on the stamped impression in the middle of the pad.
3. Third - #4 black sheet metal screws from Home Depot
4. Fourth - Burrs on cat whiskers. I smoothed these over since they could catch the new vinyl and create small tears.  Once the vinyl heats, dries, cools, heated again.... you never know how big a tear can run. Also gave them a quick polish to take care of the fine scratches from rubbing together in the packaging.
5. Fifth - Clamped the cat whiskers in place nice and tight where I wanted them.
6. Sixth - drilled almost in the center of the fuzzy part. Put all the screws in enough to hold in place.
7. Seventh - cranked down on all the screws and buried them into the fuzz.  They can go deep enough to not see them even but without stripping the sheet metal.  Its a tight turn of the screw driver, but I am confident the screws will not scratch the glass. If you look close, you will see a marker dot on the sheet metal which shows where the screw it - almost invisible.
8. Eighth - Finished. Looks about as factory as my old cracked pads with the felt attached.

One last thing to do - mount them in the car.  I do have a question - what kind of screw is used at the rear of the pad to attach to the little white plastic clip that mounts near the sail panel? Anybody have a pic or reference?

69fourspd

#5, 6, 7, 8

twenty mike mike

Thanks for the post. That's one of my next projects, if anyone ever gets the proper upper door pad color in stock.

TexasStroker

Nice...Screws are hardly visible!

Do you happen to have their front door panel pads as well?
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

69fourspd

I don't have the fronts but will be ordering them next.  I wanted to see the quality on the rears first.  I am going to go with BEA since I am happy with the rears.  Clips line up real nice too.

TexasStroker

Awesome!  I've just been debating which fronts to pick up, but was looking for a head-to-head comparison, but this will be helpful nonetheless!  Glad they line up well!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!