News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wow ! awesome survivor 69 road runner, orig owner is selling now must see

Started by GOTWING, October 31, 2013, 10:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

hemigeno

Quote from: odcics2 on November 01, 2013, 03:27:14 PM
Doesn't the original dealer brochure state that the "383 Road Runner" engine comes with "440" heads?

I found one Dodge brochure that describes the 1969 383 Magnum engine this way:

Quote from: 1969 Dart/Coronet/Charger/Polara/Monaco Brochure, page 12
This engine hustles along under heads and valve gear from the 440 Magnum.

On page 18 of the same brochure, it says:
"A special 383-cu.-in. Magnum V8 is standard in the Super Bee.  This engine includes the 440 Magnum V8 heads, valve gear, hot cam, and manifolds."

There could be other marketing information (I don't have much at all from Plymouth) that spells things out a bit more, but there's at least one place where 440 heads on a 383 is mentioned.  I agree with Ken though - most Mopar guys are going to know this so it's not a "fact" worth mentioning any more than having a 4 barrel carburetor... which he did NOT spell out... :shruggy:

472 R/T SE

A friend of mine.  He got back from Vietnam & ordered this RR & has had it ever since.  The exterior looks far better than the engine bay.  It's a 4 gear as well all black.

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 08, 2013, 11:27:44 PM
A friend of mine.  He got back from Vietnam & ordered this RR & has had it ever since.  The exterior looks far better than the engine bay.  It's a 4 gear as well all black.

How about a few more pics :drool5:
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Lighthorseman

Hmmmm.  If he gets the full 35K, maybe he can afford to buy some socks.  :D

Love that black one.  :2thumbs: :drool5:

472 R/T SE

My problem is they're all car show pix.  I asked him if I could put the car on the lift so I could shoot about 500 pix & him & his wife were actually honored someone was that interested.

I'll look for some other pix & start a different thread.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

fc7_plumcrazy

I like the k2 orange one.
There was a similar 4-speed car for sale in 2011, same colour combo but had a little bit more rust

Carsten