News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Meet my new SuperBee, uhh, SuperGram

Started by Bob T, October 31, 2013, 04:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Soo, there I was, stuck for lack of sounds in the Big Black Dodge, it still has the non working factory Dodge AM radio looking cool as a stock type radio can, but I just could'nt bring myself to pull it out and replace it with some jap garbage that just offends my eyes. I like the sound of the 440 but I love music and need more.
I thought about Twodko's hidden audio system, which is cool, but coupled with the fact of shipping, import duty and the fact that I am always looking for a cheaper and retro style solution I came up with an cool alternative.

Here, I must acknowledge my bud Mr 57, who has one of the best 57 Plymouth Fury's on the planet, it is his iGram that provides the DNA trail for my SuperGram.
He has one of those old 50's style radiogrammes that he has carved out the guts of and replaced it with an ipod dock and amp and some mumbo loud speakers. Him and muso Paul work a lot of night shifts refurbishing supermarkets and his iGram is always pumped up loud. I mean Loud.

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

The hunt for a suitable donor/vessel/enclosure has been on for a while but when I saw this at a 4wd place a month ago, it was a bingo like the German says.

Behold the SuperGram.

Sony xplod and some 4'' 140w speakers fed off the cigarette lighter does the trick. I also have a 230v 5A power pack for it, actually it draws nearly 3A @ 12vdc tapped out, I tested it at work.
I took it to a car show in the weekend to see how it went and it is good. It will make the accessory list for the BBD now, always good to get the gas bbq out of the trunk at a carshow for some sausies and have some good tunes and coldies. Mint!

It started out life as a wall mounted shelf for hot wheels or models with a glass shelf mounted on top.
Till I cut it up  :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Testing and evaluation stage.

I drilled out the grill and lower valance for  better sound projection and covered it in felt so it wont scratch the bodywork on the BBD and got a mountain bike tyre for a handle.

Just love the 70 Coronet fronts haha, I know its a love or hate thing for most people.

It took quite a few beers to design and make so I dont think I'll be knocking off any production line versions anytime in the future  :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

polywideblock

:2thumbs: very cool , sure someone will have a pick about the choice of car front but I love 70 bees /coronets    :yesnod:  was the shelf vintage or a newer product ?

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

That's pretty nifty alright.  I like.  :cheers:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Bob T

Cheers Guys. Its had a good workout this weekend already. We're away on a local Mopar forum meet up /run /social and its been the main night jukebox machine! Seems to make the difference  :icon_smile_big:
One woman wanted me to make her one, but it just takes a lot of beer  :lol:

You should see this guys monster mobile BBQ truck/trailer, its a real knockout. I'll put up some pics when I get back home. Had 35 cool Aussie and American Mopars on the cruise yesterday, that was cool.

Quote from: polywideblock on November 01, 2013, 08:25:25 PM
:2thumbs: very cool , sure someone will have a pick about the choice of car front but I love 70 bees /coronets    :yesnod:  was the shelf vintage or a newer product ?

No, its new, just some outfit that imports them, they had 70 Chally and 70 Mustang fronts as well, but the SuperBee is the pick of the bunch.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

twodko

Leave it to a sparky gearhead MoparMan to bring us the fruit of his "must have tunes" digital genius. Father Ohm is very pleased ElectroMan!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Bob T

Quote from: twodko on November 02, 2013, 01:24:32 PM
Leave it to a sparky gearhead MoparMan to bring us the fruit of his "must have tunes" digital genius. Father Ohm is very pleased ElectroMan!

:lol: Necessity is Mother of invention alright, you're right about "must have" Twodko, its pretty grim without music out there, or beer for that matter. One of the guys had a 3 1/2 hour drive in his blue 72 383 Charger and then it died electrically on the side of the road, he had to walk to 3 auto sparkys and none of them would help him! Man I was wild. He got it back to the camp after walking with a new battery and we had it fixed in an hour is so with some new bits we picked up the next morning so he was mobile. So he got me a box of beers, everybody wins  :smilielol:

I got to drive a mates 4speed Gasser round town yesterday, loud as with cutouts, crap steering and minitubs and the most automotive fun I've had in ages!

Good catchup with lots of fun Petrolheads / Gearheads  . It would be like catching up with you guys on here for a full on car weekend away, that'd be cool :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.