News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Questions about my VIN tag.

Started by Syreal_70, October 29, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syreal_70

Quote from: paironines on November 14, 2013, 12:22:48 PM
That almost looks like an air grabber can under the battery tray which isn't possible.  All of the 70 Chargers ive owned didn't have a can under the battery tray. I owned one California Charger so maybe that has something to do with emissions? Ill have to dig out my pictures of that car.

Its a vacuum can. the hose goes to the A/C controller in the cabin.

Without mentioning names yet (I will once we finalize the cost to appraise) I am confident the individual has the credentials needed to sign off on the car.  Is a very well respected and known Mopar "expert"

Eric
1970 Charger V Code Sublime 6 Pack - AKA The Mysteriess

Ghoste

If its Mr. Guruvier, he may or may not know anything more than the rest of us.

Syreal_70

Quote from: Ghoste on November 14, 2013, 12:46:47 PM

Nope. My restorer friend has a relationship with the "Appraiser" and I know if I mentioned his name you would agree that they have the credentials. Once it's done I will pass on the results.

They are not local in AZ and will be traveling a great distance to look it over. When we sent some pictures to the guy he was very impressed and excited to look it over. Eric

maxwellwedge

If it is Frank Badalson or Roger Gibson I would feel comfortable with it.
Do you know Ward Gappa? He is an excellent human being and a good resto guy.

Syreal_70

I prefer not to do 20 questions on the appraiser. I feel confident, so that will have to suffice. I appreciate all the input. If I had not posted my OP I would have already had the car torn down for rebuild. I can sense long term being patient with a car that shouldn't exist is the best course of action. Boy its a neat car. Eric

Ghoste

I don't think anyone was trying to get you to reveal any secrets, just offering some good advice.

Syreal_70

Quote from: Ghoste on November 14, 2013, 12:59:11 PM
I don't think anyone was trying to get you to reveal any secrets, just offering some good advice.
And I appreciate it tremendously. I mean no ill will. I just was trying to avoid say "no comment" 20 times. Or worse start admitting things like the Mayor of Toronto LOL. Eric

maxwellwedge

I want to take Mayor Ford to B-J with us in January - that would be awesome!  :lol:

Ghoste

Well if you caught him on a good day...  :lol:

paironines

I believe you if its a vacuum can. But what purpose does a vaccum can have on an A/C system? 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: paironines on November 14, 2013, 01:30:38 PM
I believe you if its a vacuum can. But what purpose does a vaccum can have on an A/C system? 
Vacuum operated doors on the underdash heater (and a/c) system.
Both my 70's have that same can under the battery tray & both are a/c cars.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

A383Wing

it stores vacuum to keep the heater-ac doors in the proper position under load. If there was no can, and you had your foot in the gas, the doors would default to defrost mode if there was not enough vacuum

charger_fan_4ever

Out of curiosity how did you find the car ? word of mouth ?

We need lots of popcorn for this kool car.

Syreal_70

A guy traded it to me as partial payment for a 2010 Camaro. As I stated earlier, I have more or less been a chevy guy my whole life, but always wanted a Charger, but ultimately it found me. Eric

Syreal_70

just for full disclosure I guess I do own another Charger (a fairly rare one in its own right):

But in my defense it has a chevy engine.

Eric

Syreal_70

Troy

Just a few modifications eh? ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bill440rt

Quote from: Charger_Fan on November 14, 2013, 01:54:25 PM
Vacuum operated doors on the underdash heater (and a/c) system.
Both my 70's have that same can under the battery tray & both are a/c cars.

I have the vacuum can as well under the battery tray. A/C car also.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

paironines

Well there you go. Learn something new everyday. I guess im used to 68 &9s.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Syreal_70 on November 14, 2013, 02:29:29 PM
just for full disclosure I guess I do own another Charger (a fairly rare one in its own right):

But in my defense it has a chevy engine.

Eric

You scored some points here.  If it had doors, it'd be a 2 door.   ;)

polywideblock

all I can say is document everything you do and  take heaps of photo's . if this car can be proven to be real it just screams magazine article    :yesnod:  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ghoste on November 14, 2013, 12:46:47 PM

At one time he returned my emails.  I contacted him as soon as this car appeared.  That doesn't mean anything tho...

David Wise would be my guy to verify/investigate.  You were very, very wise in leaving the car intact until it's looked at some more.  :2thumbs:

Syreal_70, I can appreciate any make.  Of course I love to take shots @ Bowties & Pherds but I'm also the 1st to appreciate any good Mopar humor.
I'd love to see your other rides.  It looks like a nice pair of Vettes on the left in that 1 pic.

Syreal_70

Thanks, One of those is a silver 62 My parents ordered new and still have. I have the canceled deposit check and everything else on that one. The other is a Split window.  Eric

hawkeye

QuoteIt looks like a nice pair of Vettes on the left in that 1 pic.
I count 5 Vettes in that picture.

Syreal_70

Yes good eye. red 63 convertible, 1996 Grand sport, 1995 Indy Pace car are the other 3. Plus 57 Chevy 210 sedan.