News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Questions about my VIN tag.

Started by Syreal_70, October 29, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS27R1B

The fender tag is coded for AC!

Very interesting. :o

It would be easier to accept if there was a special sales code to support some form of executive order.
Nothing special with the Sales Order number either.
' objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are'

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

A383Wing

and 6bbl...which is why we have all this discussion on it

bill440rt

Aren't there 7 pages before this on this very topic?  :shruggy:   :popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

For the moment I have to remain skeptical.  A great car all the same and congrats on its purchase but I need more evidence on some of this. :2thumbs:

charger Downunder

This is what would of had to be done to make factory A/C fit with the six pack set up. Not hard to do at all.

[/quote]

Ghoste

Agreed, but not so easily accomplished in a production environment. 

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on November 06, 2013, 04:07:18 PM

:iagree:

That's one more step in engineering and one more part/set up that a facility would have to account for in a very limited application.

Product Planning could not have projected very high sales for that combination.
A 6bbl+automatic only+ A/C could not have projected to very many units.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

fy469rtse

ghoste, good to see your on here ,
some of the boys were worried that it appeared that you had not been on here in a while

Ghoste

Just gone for work for a few days. ;)

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on November 06, 2013, 06:46:49 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 06, 2013, 04:07:18 PM

:iagree:

That's one more step in engineering and one more part/set up that a facility would have to account for in a very limited application.

Product Planning could not have projected very high sales for that combination.
A 6bbl+automatic only+ A/C could not have projected to very many units.

And throw the cruise control into the engineering mix as well.

Ghoste

Yes, that's a significant pair to throw in there without any other indications on the tag of special handling. :scratchchin:

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on November 06, 2013, 11:07:30 AM
For the moment I have to remain skeptical.  A great car all the same and congrats on its purchase but I need more evidence on some of this. :2thumbs:

:iagree: :yesnod:  yeah  :cheers: , as much as I think we all want it to be a real V code with AC & cruse  :coolgleamA:,   think i'm still putting my money on  V & U got mixed up  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Tom Q

Let's try to be open minded here. :popcrn:

The attached photo clearly shows factory cruise control on a six pak. All the hardware is 100% correct
Hmmm what color was that engine...look at the untouched condition of all that correct hardware...

Cruise control requires a "lost motion link" - LML -that link connects the throttle to the cruise cable.
It attached to a hole in the throttle linkage...in the proper geometric location
While all 4bbl cars have the hole for the LML. six paks never did...however this six pak with cruise looks as factory as you can get....

As for AC and a six pak-There are at least other 2 examples of a six pak with factory a/c
One is a red challenger convert -used to belong to a former collector Brian Thomas
The other is an exec built challenger
I have the ft info and more on the Challenger, and saw the red convert myself.
Blueprints to put the notch required in the air cleaner have not been discovered yet, but could exist.

472 R/T SE

Was that red 'vert a real early car, like almost pilot rig?

I'd love to see the rest of the 6 pack cruise linkage.   :2thumbs:

Ghoste

I'm open minded.  Note that I am not saying "no way, no how", I am just stating that I'm skeptical and need more proof.  Being skeptical is how we find the truth.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2013, 09:51:02 AM
  Being skeptical is how we find the truth.

Wise words Mr Ghoste.  :2thumbs:

polywideblock

also note OP hasn't posted again since questions were asked as to the authenticity of  VIN, FENDER tags on the 31 oct. . i'm hoping he's waiting for replies to the letters he sent to previous owners   :yesnod:  would hate to think he's gone to another site as a result of being questioned about his honesty     or worse still   it had just been posted to stir up arguments    :scratchchin:

dual fours

I do hope and feel that his honesty was not being questioned, but more the Charger's pedigree.
Let's hope that Syreal-70 is digging for more info. and will find it, knowing who had your Charger before hand and finding out info. has got to be hard work, if the Charger has been like a doorknob, (everyone got a turn), there may be that dead end, if it is what Syreal-70 thought it was, wonderful, if not then it is a sad thing someone created to fool some one to make a profit. That puts them right down there with car thief's. :flame:
Some people are not blessed to get a Charger and know it's life story, so Syreal-70, bring that Charger back from the dead and give it life.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Ghoste

I hope that is the case as well.

charger Downunder

Quote from: fy469rtse on October 30, 2013, 08:35:18 PM
Quote from: polywideblock on October 29, 2013, 09:14:17 PM
fender tag calls out e87 -6 pack and h51- air cond.    that's a big no no from the factory    :scratchchin:   original owner  must have had a heap of cash or knew someone at mopar
I have one too , will register this car eventually, but  Aircon 70 V code as well, all was installed except compressor to engine, I originally thought it an error

Thanks for the info Tom. Have we all forgotten about the second on with six pack and air.
[/quote]

Syreal_70

Sorry for the delay in replies. Spent some time with the Charger today and it sure looks like it is original. I have a friend coming to look at it. He has several low mileage Mopars in his collection and will inspect it for me. I made contact with a previous owner. He states he found it in Nebraska in a feed lot where it sat for "decades" The car has L60-14 rear slicks that look like they are 40 years old. If this car is a fake it was done in the 70s by someone with a time machine! Car is barn fresh. I just ask myself why would someone repop a trim tag 35 years ago on an unfinished car? Now hopefully, with more time I can post more pictures. Eric
1970 Charger V Code Sublime 6 Pack - AKA The Mysteriess

Syreal_70

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 02, 2013, 07:45:07 PM
St. Louis bent the tags in the left corner to paint on a single tag car.

Still curious if the body #'s match? 

The trunk number and core support match. The right front fender and left rear fender have been repaired. The driver side looks original. Has rear defroster fan. Car is blowing me away. Everyone who knows anything can't believe the A/C and Cruise equipment. Eric
1970 Charger V Code Sublime 6 Pack - AKA The Mysteriess

polywideblock

like to think you've found a gem in the rough   :cheers:   good luck on the resto     and in verifying its unique heritage    :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

If it has the 6 pack intake I'd love to see all the linkage if the cruise is hooked up.

Thanks for not getting all pissy & taking your toys & going home.  Lots of times' you get folks on here who aren't open minded when they have questions & get pissed off & leave when they don't hear what they want. 

Anythings possible with Mopar.  That's what drew me into them years ago.  Everyone back home would carry on about the fact that back then you were able to order a Mopar up anyway you wanted.  I can't remember anyone saying that in the past 20 or so years.  Maybe it was a western Kansas thing?

My hang up is the VON.  Vehicle Order Number.  It's a special car, there should be a special # regardless of whether I or anyone else thinks there's too much extra engineering for the A/C & cruise, it wasn't offered...yada, yada, documentation.

If it was my car I'd tear it apart until there's nowhere else to look in order to try to find that broadcast sheet.