News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody know anything about phase converters?

Started by beedees, March 03, 2006, 08:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beedees

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a vertical mill and was wondering how well phase converters work. I'm looking at two different types ( rotary and VFD), and was wondering if anyone could give me a clue as to which way to jump. Thanks, Dan ???

Telvis

Isn't that what they had in the Delorian in Back to the Future?? It makes you go back in time from what I recall. :icon_smile_big:

John_Kunkel

Rotary converters are more efficient than the solid state ones but rotaries cost a lot more. Everyone I know with a Bridgeport type machine seems to get along OK with the solid state units.

I don't like either converter so I changed the motor in mine to single phase.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

SirNik73

Telvis, the Delorian used a Flux Capacitor to channel high voltage into the time curcuts. a phase converter on the other hand was a component to the warp drive of the Enterprise :smilielol:

ok ok ok... i do know what you are talking about... but have no opinion, haven't used enough milling machines in my life to formulate an opinion.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Telvis

Personally when it comes to phase converters I try to make sure the chrome plated fiber operature grommets are sealed with chromium alloy pinion rotor bearings. I would hate to have the phenugle master controller rupture into the composition tube. That could really spell disaster for your hun joint and leader pull bearing cylinder. Not to mention the aspect ratio on the hem haw ribbon lead. It's just a simple matter of keeping the calibration of the gimble trunion housing within nominal margins with the groove line. That's just my opinion. Hey what do I know? ::)

Stay tuned next time when I give my opinion on micro brain surgery!  :icon_smile_big:

beedees

Quote from: Telvis on March 05, 2006, 05:50:33 PM
Personally when it comes to phase converters I try to make sure the chrome plated fiber operature grommets are sealed with chromium alloy pinion rotor bearings. I would hate to have the phenugle master controller rupture into the composition tube. That could really spell disaster for your hun joint and leader pull bearing cylinder. Not to mention the aspect ratio on the hem haw ribbon lead. It's just a simple matter of keeping the calibration of the gimble trunion housing within nominal margins with the groove line. That's just my opinion. Hey what do I know? ::)

Stay tuned next time when I give my opinion on micro brain surgery!  :icon_smile_big:
Hmmmmm......... that's kind of what I suspected. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

The Ghoul

you's guys get to play with the fun toys  :-[
I'll just take my welder home and play with my self.
I might just get some welding done too  :icon_smile_big:

beedees

Quote from: The Ghoul on March 05, 2006, 09:23:46 PM
Ya know, playing with yourself and welding at the same time sounds kinda painful. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

The Ghoul

Quote from: beedees on March 06, 2006, 02:05:48 AM
Quote from: The Ghoul on March 05, 2006, 09:23:46 PM
Ya know, playing with yourself and welding at the same time sounds kinda painful. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:
Hey, Im safe about it.
I use a welders mask
havent gone blind yet.
SEE MOM TOLD'JA YOU WERE WRONG!!!