News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headliner is in!

Started by volk68, March 03, 2006, 06:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volk68

My brother and I finally got the headliner in the '68 last night.  It is my first one, and my brother's second (he put one in a Fury)...I think it turned out great.  There are a few very small wrinkles from fold seems and whatnot (the camera flash really exagerates them), but I expect they will come right out with a little heat.  The pictures don't really do it justice...it looks really nice in person.  My brother worked even harder on this than I did.  From here, it's just a package shelf replacement and all the rest of the interior is cleaned up and ready to go ;D

greenpigs

You and your brother need to come over and help me with mine..in about 5 years. ;D
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mefirst

Shakey

I agree with everyone so far.  Looks great.

Please post a step-by-step in the tech section now with lots of progress photos.   :icon_smile_big:

plum500

Looks great. :thumbs: Definitely - some step by step advice would help this fellow install his in a couple months.

jaak

I bought a headliner for a charger and its different, you got the main roof part is one piece, then you got 2 triangular pieces that looks like they need to cover the sail area (or boards for the sail panel area) is anyone else's like this or did I get sent the wrong headliner??

Oh yeah Your looks grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!!

Jason.

Johnny SixPack

Great work!  :icon_smile_cool:

Makes me realize how crappy the headliner in my "69 is around the package tray.  ::)
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

volk68

Quote from: jaak on March 03, 2006, 08:49:42 PM
I bought a headliner for a charger and its different, you got the main roof part is one piece, then you got 2 triangular pieces that looks like they need to cover the sail area (or boards for the sail panel area) is anyone else's like this or did I get sent the wrong headliner??

Oh yeah Your looks grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!!

Jason.

Thanks for the compliment.  My headliner was all in one piece and covers the sail panels as well.  I'm not sure that means you got the wrong one, though, because year one talks about being able to buy upholstered and un-upholstered sail panels.  Maybe it is the year of your charger?

bull

Quote from: Shakey on March 03, 2006, 08:13:29 PM
I agree with everyone so far.  Looks great.

Please post a step-by-step in the tech section now with lots of progress photos.   :icon_smile_big:

:iagree: I'd like to see how you did it step by step. It looks very nice.

chargermick

Looks good! Hopefully I'll be installing mine in a few weeks.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Telvis

Great job! It looks reall good.