News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question on Superbird trunk seal ends the spacing

Started by Hoser2455, October 23, 2013, 04:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser2455

Could anybody tell me what is the correct spacing that the two ends of the trunk seal meet together.  I know on a lot of the Superbirds I seen it is probably about 3 or 4 inches to the right side of the bottom center of the trunk.  Could anyone tell me what is the correct distance?  Thanks,  Jeff

Hoser2455

After reviewing a few more pictures I found on Superbees, it appears that the beginning and the end is about 1 inch to the right but they were Superbees.  Anybody know the correct distance?  Would like to install the trunk seal tomorrow if possible.

Hemi Runner

My thoughts have always been that the original intended location was the center and that the actual results seen (which vary by anything from 1-4") were always the result of sloppy assembly line work :shruggy:

talkiemopar

Hello Jeff,

I checked my bird which I bought new.  The trunk lid opening, quarter panel to quarter panel is 52".  The seam is 29 1/2" from the driver
side quarter.  I hope this is of help.
Rick

Hoser2455

Thanks Rick, your measurement fell right into the 1 to 4 inch range so I'm going to go with your measurement.  Once again thanks.