News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Burn Notice Charger

Started by sanders7981, October 22, 2013, 03:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

I know this should probably posted in the ebay ads section, but I was looking through eBay for charger stuff and came across this.  It appears the company that owns the car is selling it since the TV show is over.  Loved the show, would be pretty cool to own, but not sure that it is worth the $35k asking price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-VERY-SPECIAL-2-DOOR-1972-DODGE-CHARGER-T-V-STAR-CAR-BURN-NOTICE-USED-ALL-7-SEASONS-/121199212280?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c380936f8&item=121199212280&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

ODZKing

And they don't even know what year it is ... beautiful!

1973rallye

WOW!!!! For a mere $35g and easily worth double that. Well boys, with that statement it looks as if its time to sell my car and pay off the mortgage. While I am at it I may have a little extra to help out someone else!!!
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

1974dodgecharger

i want to say they bought this one for 2500 from the movie studio they unloaded lots of burn notics merchandise in a auction block and it sold only for 2500 bucks.  STEALERSHIP is now trying to make some money and it seems like they already made a profit so far based on bids.

Tilar

QuoteTHIS CAR IS AN INVESTMENT THAT CANNOT EVER BE DUPLICATED AT ANY COST.  TRULY PRICELESS. 

Says the 7,000 General Lee/DMCL/Bullet clone owners.  :eyes:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

VegasCharger

Cheers to that!!! :cheers:
And nice crappy pics  :brickwall: :brickwall:
And as ODZking mentioned they don't even know the correct model year  :brickwall: :brickwall:
I mean I would give them more of a pass if they listed as a '74 but a '72 Com'on!!!

Baldwinvette77

if you look on the sheet given to them by the tv crew they list it as a 72, then write the vin number below that  :lol:

flyinlow

Dose it come with any of Fiona's panties in the glove box? 

ODZKing

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on October 23, 2013, 06:06:51 AM
if you look on the sheet given to them by the tv crew they list it as a 72, then write the vin number below that  :lol:
Yeah, WH23 6 3 6 ... how about a G  :smilielol:

Troy

Yeah, it sold cheap from the studio a month or so ago. Maybe the studio should have someone figure out how to post on eBay?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chargen69

i saw somewhere (link through facebook) the auction site, the "b" car sold for 4,500

ODZKing

There was more than one car.  Being a third gen guy I noticed the episode where it was introduced was #3 Fight Or Flight. At some point a am certain I noticed a bench seat but don't remember the episode.
It is a small block as you can see from the screen shot from ep 3, and if it is a "G" it's a 318.

RallyeMike

QuoteTHIS CAR HAS A T.V. SHOW CAR HISTORY LIKE NO OTHER CHARGER IN THE WORLD!!!   

Yea, what was that other obscure, orange Charger from that crappy old TV show? It's been so overshadowed by the Burn Notice Charger its hard to recall    :shruggy:     :lol:

Despite the hype and inaccuracy of the ad, it would be neat to own this car if you were a big fan of the show. I guess I could see a rabid fan paying maybe $15-20k max. It will be interesting to see what it bids up to.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mike DC

I'm pretty sure there are were at least two cars serving regular closeup work as Michael Weston's Charger.  One may have been a primary and the other a backup and/or stunt car.  But I know they sometimes showed two different cars during a given episode, and both of them had interiors looking too presentable for the cheapo stunt car they sold off recently.  

There was also a REALLY crappy 73/74 Charger body they destroyed (blew up & it landed on its roof, no drivetrain or rollcage).  I don't think that one was any of the Burn Notice Chargers that we have seen on Ebay lately.

Bruce Campbell talked on the DVD extras about them installing Air conditioning in "the Charger" partway through the series.  So I dare say any Burn Notice Charger without aftermarket AC (or at least the factory AC has been put into good working order lately) is probably not THE primary car.  

PocketThunder

Quote from: flyinlow on October 23, 2013, 07:55:57 AM
Dose it come with any of Fiona's panties in the glove box? 
Dude...................
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

UH60L

Quote from: Tilar on October 23, 2013, 04:17:26 AM
QuoteTHIS CAR IS AN INVESTMENT THAT CANNOT EVER BE DUPLICATED AT ANY COST.  TRULY PRICELESS. 

Says the 7,000 General Lee/DMCL/Bullet clone owners.  :eyes:

Says the troll.  (say hi to your mom for me...)

Tilar

Quote from: UH60L on October 23, 2013, 09:35:05 PM
QuoteTHIS CAR IS AN INVESTMENT THAT CANNOT EVER BE DUPLICATED AT ANY COST.  TRULY PRICELESS.  

Says the 7,000 General Lee/DMCL/Bullet clone owners.  :eyes:

Says the troll.  (say hi to your mom for me...)

Care to explain that comment? I guess I don't understand you're intent behind it.  :shruggy:
Dave  

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Tilar on October 24, 2013, 09:42:41 AM
QuoteTHIS CAR IS AN INVESTMENT THAT CANNOT EVER BE DUPLICATED AT ANY COST.  TRULY PRICELESS.  

Sam axe told mike in first episode....say hi to your mom for me.
Care to explain that comment? I guess I don't understand you're intent behind it.  :shruggy:

Mike DC

How on earth could an original car of any kind remain valuable after 7000 people clone it? 

Nobody in the collector car hobby would pay good money over the price of a cloned car just because one has legit serial numbers and history.   

UH60L

Uh, gee, it means your just trolling (screwing with) anyone who owns a "General Lee/DMCL/Bullet clone", and if you can't figure out the second part, well, it's probably better I let her tell you.....

Tilar

Quote from: UH60L on October 24, 2013, 08:46:48 PM

Uh, gee, it means your just trolling (screwing with) anyone who owns a "General Lee/DMCL/Bullet clone", and if you can't figure out the second part, well, it's probably better I let her tell you.....

If you would pull your head out of your ass you would know that I was being sarcastic to the person that wrote the ad and not the clone builders which is why I quoted that... And you better just keep your cum dumpster shut and not talk about my mother. Got it Bucko?
Dave  

1974dodgecharger

Tilar it was a joke reference to the movie...if u watched the movie the first episode you would understand.

Quote from: Tilar on October 25, 2013, 07:11:59 PM

If you would pull your head out of your ass you would know that I was being sarcastic to the person that wrote the ad and not the clone builders which is why I quoted that... And you better just keep your cum dumpster shut and not talk about my mother. Got it Bucko?

Tilar

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 26, 2013, 01:59:50 AM
Tilar it was a joke reference to the movie...if u watched the movie the first episode you would understand.

No it wasn't a reference to any movie. If he wants to play 14 year old school kid jokes talking about someones mother then he can do it with one of his 14 year old school buddies.  I don't play that shit.

Dave  

1974dodgecharger

No really it was a reference to first episode line by line by Sam ax to mike Weston on their first mission.....

Quote from: Tilar on October 26, 2013, 04:31:50 AM

No it wasn't a reference to any movie. If he wants to play 14 year old school kid jokes talking about someones mother then he can do it with one of his 14 year old school buddies.  I don't play that shit.

sanders7981

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 26, 2013, 05:07:33 AM
No really it was a reference to first episode line by line by Sam ax to mike Weston on their first mission.....

Quote from: Tilar on October 26, 2013, 04:31:50 AM

Correct.... Both the statements "Say hi to your mom for me" and "It's probably better I let her tell you" are lines that Bill Campbell's character Sam Axe says throughout the series.