News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 engine compartment decal placement and related questions

Started by bull, October 21, 2013, 09:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Performance Car Graphics is a little vague on the placement of decals in their instructions, at least for my taste. I've looked through quite a few threads and pics and haven't yet seen a good clear shot for the placement of a couple of decals so maybe you guys wouldn't mind helping me with detailed descriptions and/or pics.

Here's what I believe to be correct for 68:

1. The long yellow coolant decal (bottom) - goes on the top right of the radiator core support when in front of the car just to the right of the partial VIN stamping. There's not enough room for all of it on the flat surface so it looks like the right end of the decal curves down over the bend near the battery.

2. Chrysler Cleaner Air System decal (green/white bottom right) - goes on the top of the inner fender on the passenger side centered halfway between the core support and the washer bottle. Basically it's on the opposite side as the 69 and can be read right side up when looking over the passenger fender.

3. Tire pressure decal - goes on the flat spot above the door striker on an early 68, below on later models. I assume it's supposed to be verticle.

4. Mopar air filter/cleaner instructions - is centered on the driver's side of the air cleaner lid just behind the vent hose fitting.

5. "Manufacturer Certifies" decal (black/silver top) - No friggin' clue. Maybe front driver side door jam near the door light switch? :shruggy:

6. Caution, follow jacking instructions - obviously I've got that one figured out. Hope it's right because it's on.

HeavyFuel

Gotcha covered.    :cheers:

My original coolant decal is a little different than yours....maybe cause my car had A/C?   :shruggy:   It doesn't have A/C now, and I used the same decal you bought.   Or it could be a regional thing....my car delivered to Kansas City, not the frozen tundra, so it probably got different coolant/sticker than a northern car.   :scratchchin:

I ordered the air system decal.....but didn't put it on.   Don't think my car had it, I couldn't see any evidence of one.

Tire pressure...as shown.   Hmmmm.   Mines got a different layout...I was able to buy an exact replica.

Air Filter decal is as you discribe....if by 'behind' the vent hose, you mean towards the front of the car.

Black/Silver safety decal....as shown.

My jack plate had no sticker....original paint....could have washed or fallen off.  

bull

HeavyFuel

Scheduled is around 20-25 Jan '68.......actual is 2 Feb '68.

bull

Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 22, 2013, 09:05:09 PM
Scheduled is around 20-25 Jan '68.......actual is 2 Feb '68.

Hmmm. Well, that would be an early 68 in my book. I installed the coolant, air system, air cleaner and the certification decals but I'm not sure what to do with the tire pressure decal, assuming it's the right one. I'll need to call Performance Graphics about it I guess.

HeavyFuel

I used Classic Industries for a few of my things.....pretty good luck with them.

Here is the tire pressure sticker:

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/md4121.html

bull

bull

I think I figured out what's going on after talking to Performance Car Graphics. My decal is close to visually right but I somehow got one for a 69. I saved a couple of pics from the PCG website to show what I got and what I believe you got.

The one you have looks like the following (circled) for a 68 B-body-to-mid 383, 440, F-70-14, p/n 2948054. Problem is your car is not considered an early car and neither is mine. You probably should have gotten one that was printed vertically.

He's sending me p/n 3400452 for 68 B-body mid-to-later 225, 318, 383-2 as a replacement (circled in 2nd pic). My car was originally a 2bbl. What I got was 3400481 for a 69 383-2.

If yours is a 383 4bb or 440 R/T you should have 3400454 for 68 B-body later 383, 440, F70-14. I know, clear as mud, right?

cdr

great info BULL!! mine is coded for 7.75-14 & is a late production. it was also a 383 2bl but had the early 68 sticker. 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

HeavyFuel

The pic of mine on the gold jamb is the original sticker......so I just matched it up!   (054)   :2thumbs:

Maybe the plant makes a difference.   Is yours a Hamtramck car?

Also....I used the shorter antifreeze sticker.....I said earlier that I put on the long one.   Ordered both, cause my car is in a northern climate now, but I put on the orginal warmer climate sticker.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

bull

As usual the experts are pretty sure about what went where but reality says different.