News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Info on '68/'69 Charger hood with a six pack scoop?

Started by MxRacer855, October 06, 2013, 07:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a '68/'69 hood with a six pack scoop for my Charger. I've seen a handful discussed on threads that had the scoop but the depressions on the hood which housed the turn signals were eliminated. I've seen a few that kept the original hood design with the added scoop. Also, do they make the hood w/ scoop in a steel molding instead of fiberglass?

Thanks for any help/info you guys can provide.

(I love the way this hood looks even though it's missing those original depressions I spoke of)

cdr

i got a bolt on & epoxied it . i decided i dont like it,my hood was in VERY good condition  :brickwall:

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

MxRacer855

Hey CDH, can I ask what you don't like about it? My hood is in extremely GOOD shape as well right now... so I wouldn't want to risk compromising that. I was hoping to be able to purchase a completed hood already in addition to my OEM one.

I think your hood would look amazing with some paint!

myk

I've looked around for a hood like that as well, but AFAIK it's a custom job.  I spoke with VFN Fiberglass, an extremely popular vendor of fiberglass body parts for American muscle both old and new, and they also told me as much.

CDR; if you're ever tempted to throw out your hood, consider selling it to me first, lol.  I would keep my stock hood and a hood like yours and change them out like a fashionista changes her shoes and patterned underwear...

cdr

Quote from: myk on October 06, 2013, 09:49:48 PM
I've looked around for a hood like that as well, but AFAIK it's a custom job.  I spoke with VFN Fiberglass, an extremely popular vendor of fiberglass body parts for American muscle both old and new, and they also told me as much.

CDR; if you're ever tempted to throw out your hood, consider selling it to me first, lol.  I would keep my stock hood and a hood like yours and change them out like a fashionista changes her shoes and patterned underwear...

i would sell it ,but packaging & shipping would be   :'(
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

JB400

Your car looks  :drool5: R2

Unfortunately, I'm not too fond of the scoop on a stock hood.  The original opening of the  6 pack scoop stuck up in the air about an inch and a half above the hood itself.  That inch and half is lost on a stock 2nd gen hood.  Just my opinion.

R2

I needed some extra hood clearance with my intake, so the scoop helped with that. It's fiberglass , and I have the original stock hood tucked away.
Car is a RT. SE  4 speed.  Thanks for the comments.
Doug :cheers:

cdr

myk

Quote from: cdr on October 06, 2013, 10:38:45 PM
Quote from: myk on October 06, 2013, 09:49:48 PM

i would sell it ,but packaging & shipping would be   :'(

Yeah, tell me about it.  I bough a hood for another car and it wasn't easy for either party...

jlatessa

There is a scoop that is taller than the original available
from one of the Fiberglas vendors.

Joe

68hardchargerrt

This is a Glasstek hood that I glassed on of their 5" six pack scoops onto. 
"If you ain't breaking stuff, you ain't driving it right"  Carroll Shelby

68hardchargerrt

"If you ain't breaking stuff, you ain't driving it right"  Carroll Shelby