News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Glove Box cover knob removal on a 70 Charger?

Started by b5blue, October 30, 2013, 04:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Okay what's the trick? How does it release from the catch to dissemble the whole shebang for redo?  :shruggy:

AKcharger

LOL...I've seen this explained at least 10 times on this and the original board (from the inside depress the locking spring blah. blah) but I've never seen anyone do it (or at least offer a photo breakdown) I know it's defeated me TWICE on my '70 and '72.

IF YOU GET IT PLEASE POST STEP BY STEP PICS!

and post in tech archives  :popcrn:

b5blue

A383Wing

Quote from: b5blue on October 30, 2013, 05:14:18 PM
If I need the original key I'm screwed.....

should be same as trunk key...but the glove box uses less tumblers on the key

hawkeye

This is way it suppose to work. Didn't work for me but I am not sure I had the right key.   http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=1559.0

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

b5blue

IT WORKED!!! Just put a trunk key in and hold the latch (that holds the door closed) all the way pressed in, past the closed position as far as it will go. Wiggle and pull on the knob while holding the latch in and the knob will side out.  :2thumbs:
The old trunk key I used would not lock the door but did allow removal.

AKcharger

Was it any 'ol trunk key or the original one? mine didn't work  :'(

b5blue

Try with no key...try slipping the (Any trunk key) in and out some in the lock. I'll take pics later of what is going on.