News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI and WINGS

Started by hemi68charger, October 18, 2013, 08:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang.....
Well, it looks like the latest of the potential Daytonas I wanted that had more in common with my Dad's Daytona back in '69 has come to a potential close. Soooooooooo, with that being said......... What would be the venues; other than MaMopar, I could get a reliable and streetable 426 Hemi. As most of you already know, the original 440 to my Daytona went bye-bye barely a year after being sold new. So, it'll never have its original ticker...... So, why not shove a 426 HEMI in that puppy............

Whatcha think?

Here's a picture of mine when it just returned from England when Pete W. owned it. He shoved a '69 426 Hemi in it, but it was pulled when it returned to the States around '07.. And, it didn't even have the offset bracket for the booster...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ws23rt

I vote yes :2thumbs:--If there is a 426 Hemi in boxes or on an engine stand than there is something wrong with the planets. :Twocents:
The natural order of things should be kept.

gymratt30

I agree Troy,  its never gonna be a.matching number 440....so make it a non matching number 426 Hemi.
As you guys in Texas say....u betcha...its.got a Hemi In it!
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

Wingnut426

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I can't call you HEMI- LESS if you do!  :o
HEMI Daytona Convertible

hemi68charger

Quote from: Wingnut426 on October 18, 2013, 10:23:06 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I can't call you HEMI- LESS if you do!  :o

:smilielol:

And to think I was tired of you calling me WING-LESS........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

A383Wing

Troy...if this is gonna be an issue for you, and all this thinking is making yer head hurt...I offer my service to just take the burden off yer shoulders...so just bring the car up here and you can rest easy again

Bryan

DAY CLONA

Took you awhile to come around, I said it from day one when you hooked that car, you wanted a HEMI, put it in and don't look back, enjoy the dam thing, the hell with originality, numbers, etc....don't forget to add a 5 spd into the mix, otherwise you'll really regret it

Mike

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Stevearino

IMHO Hemi it up. I don't even know why there was ever a Daytona built without one. That's what they raced. That's what needs to go in there. :popcrn: :popcrn:

moparstuart

Quote from: DAY CLONA on October 18, 2013, 11:23:42 PM
Took you awhile to come around, I said it from day one when you hooked that car, you wanted a HEMI, put it in and don't look back, enjoy the dam thing, the hell with originality, numbers, etc....don't forget to add a 5 spd into the mix, otherwise you'll really regret it

Mike
i agree with mike  hemi and a manual  go for it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

WINGR

Say yes to Hemi. Have fun Bud :2thumbs:

I would have done the same when I had mine but didn't have the spare cash at the time.

WINGR/Steve

Hemi Runner

I have a reliable and streetable 572 hemi that I'd part with.

maxwellwedge

AB - You want a Tona 4-speed. You won't be truly happy until you get one. Save the dough, the car will sell - and it will be worth more as the way it was born....my 2 centavo's.

Aero426

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 21, 2013, 10:02:43 AM
AB - You want a Tona 4-speed. You won't be truly happy until you get one. Save the dough, the car will sell - and it will be worth more as the way it was born....my 2 centavo's.

:iagree:    

I am not against your idea of enhancing the car to your personal taste.  But you know how these things work.  The moment you commit to dumping a boat load of cash into a Hemi, the right car will come along.  

Speedfreak

Quote from: Aero426 on October 21, 2013, 10:09:43 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 21, 2013, 10:02:43 AM

:iagree:    

I am not against your idea of enhancing the car to your personal taste.  But you know how these things work.  The moment you commit to dumping a boat load of cash into a Hemi, the right car will come along.  

I have been reading this and hesitated in commenting, but glad someone has taken the initiative to speak common sense, finally.

Everyone would love a 4 spd, Hemi Daytona, but I think in this case you should leave it alone and save the cash and keep saving for that day when the right deal comes up.  At lot of work and a lot of money and you will devalue the car and still not be truly happy.  Maybe at first, but then some deal will come along and you will have wished you didn't do what you did :brickwall:

Leave it alone, put everything in order and sell it.  No disrespect, but you are asking too much for the car, this is not 2007 anymore, maybe it will come again, but not now.   We are all in the same boat, but it is, what it is, for now.

I am sure any car you are looking to purchase will also have to accept less now than in the heydays, so I don't see why you have to get that high a price.  You can buy cheap, so you can sell cheap.  I think you should take a moment, think about it, then try to get the best price you can get for yours and be ready to pick up your dream car when it pops up. 

Maybe this is not what you want to hear, but this is what I would do.  Personally, I am thinking of selling mine in the spring and moving up to a Real Hemi Daytona/Superbird, 4 spd myself.  That is the car they will bury me in!

Don't listen to the peanut gallery cheering you on to do the swap, how many of them have done it?   It's easy to be a big shot with someone else's money!  Good Luck!

Ghoste

Not to mention that when you are talking about wing cars you're with the a fwee others at the top of the musclecar food chain.  Hemi Cuda convertibles, Shelby's, LS6 Chevelles and such.  In other words, a blue chip rarity and if you think you are having trouble selling your car now, wait until you cut it up and change it a little and see what happens.  You can say you'll never sell it but you really don't know.
I'm with the group that says stick to your guns and be patient.

hemi68charger

I appreciate the input everyone........ It sounds easy, but it isn't. All I have to work with is the car. I don't have the ability to save a ton of money to offset the cost of getting a similar 4speed car to what I have now.....  Sure, I could go backwards in condition to compensate ( we all know an equal condition 4speed will always place a highter value ).

On top of trying to save money while raising a family, there's the biggest hurdle, selling mine. Yes, I know I'm asking more than the market can or wants to bare. I'm not willing to take a chance on selling it, having a butt load of cash, and then nothing to spend it on. I swore to myself, if I was ever to get a Daytona, I would never allow my garage to be empty of a Daytona ( only find one closer to Dad's )...... It's a balancing act for sure........... I'm not complaining, I'm just not giving up either...... But, the stat's don't favor me at this present time.... The amount of money I would need to add to my pocket after the sell of mine would be way more than the price of a hemi..

:2thumbs:
Troy