News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

radiator shroud

Started by Hard Charger, October 04, 2013, 07:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard Charger

did a 68 charger 383 HP , non AC non power car come with a radiator shroud or fan clutch?

I think no to the clutch but not sure of the shroud.

Mopar Nut

My 68 charger 383 HP , non AC 22" radiator did not come with one.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Cooter

I prefer to add one however.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Cooter on October 05, 2013, 08:29:36 AM
I prefer to add one however.
:iagree:
I'm looking for a metal one for my 69.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Hard Charger

metal?
are they from the factory?

Mopar Nut

I heard some were a two piece metal. I have a plastic one  for a 22" now.

ODZKing

67-68 were 2 piece metal for the 22 inch.
I believe they went to the plastic style in 69.
Someone repops the metal, I'd have to find the bookmark.
Or you can look for 64-68 b & c body 22" on eBay. They are the same up through.

cougs

68s had metal shrouds and 69 had plastic (of your car had one originally).  My 68 didn't originally have one but I opted for the plastic 69 style (costs less and looks better) and it helped cooling.  Mancini racing had the setup.
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: cougs on October 17, 2013, 05:10:01 PM
68s had metal shrouds and 69 had plastic (of your car had one originally).  My 68 didn't originally have one but I opted for the plastic 69 style (costs less and looks better) and it helped cooling.  Mancini racing had the setup.

Alright what size are the shrouds?

Hard Charger

what about the fan clutch?

did they just come on AC cars in 68?

ODZKing

There were so many varibles in 67 and I see in 68 as well.
Most likely if it was a big block with A/C it had a 26 inch radiator with plastic shroud.
But you could get a 22 inch with shroud, that was the 2 piece metal.
Here are the pages from the collision manual.

Ghoste

I am NOT being argumentative here, just trying to clarify for historical accuracy.  I notice it shows a date on those pages of 1973, could that parts book be listing the plastic shroud as a retrofit/supercede type of part?
I ask because I thought all the 67 and 68 ones were the two piece metal.

And Bill Alphin was selling (reproducing as well??) the metal ones a while back.  Try him.

ODZKing

22 is 2 piece metal, 26 is one piece plastic.

cougs

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 17, 2013, 06:32:00 PM
Quote from: cougs on October 17, 2013, 05:10:01 PM

Alright what size are the shrouds?

Sorry, 22" shroud
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

ODZKing

You will need the clips as well

Bob T

I'm in the process of building a fiberglass 26" shroud but didn't know until the pic above that the shroud was a 2 piece assembly. Mint! That really helps my assembly and fitment, yay! ....righto, back out to the garage  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.