News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

best disributor to buy

Started by Hard Charger, October 17, 2013, 07:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard Charger

I got a stock 383 in a numbers matching 68 charger.

keeping the factory look as best I can without loosing drivability. I am keeping the factory manifolds and the car will not be raced.

I need to update to a electronic ignition. I don't really mind the ballast or ecu on the firewall, infact my new harness has those plugs so I will use them.

I have heard a lot of talk about Petronix and Firecore. I always intended on a Mopar ignition but now they are discontinued. I was leaning torwards firecore.

what are peoples thoughts out there?

1974dodgecharger

Up to you if you wait there are folks who sell there electronic distributor if thats what u want.

Fair core u got great customer service due to firefighter.

heyoldguy

I've run a lot of them, I prefer the Firecore50.

RIDELIKEHELL

Definitely get in touch with Ron as the Firecore RTR(ready to run) is an awesome piece and is very reasonable priced. Has the internal ECU so no external box just an ignition coil needed. My car runs great with it as it has great spark  :yesnod:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

firefighter3931

FireCore is the real deal....fantastic value for the money and rock solid performance.  :2thumbs:

Very user friendly & easy to adjust.  :yesnod:

Firecore also makes a nice set of 8mm ignition wires designed specificly for the factory wiring looms and exhaust manifolds  :coolgleamA:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

68Charger4me

I got the firecore plug and play for my 383, and just like Ron says, simple and easy to adjust.  It's the best distributor I've had...And if you want to keep your ECU the plug and play just plugs right in where your old distributor pluged in.  It idles and runs great with it :2thumbs: