News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Salvage Yard Tour - ON

Started by Shakey, March 03, 2006, 08:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

There is a yard (Minakers Auto Parts) in Prince Edward County, about 3hrs from Toronto.  They have a lot of very old stuff with a few Mopars still hanging around.  I needed an 8 3/4 housing and a pair of shock mounts and the prices were pretty reasonable.  I also grabbed some loose odds & ends that were laying around.  These guys are good guys and very old school.  Gotta love it.

Anyways, here are a few pics of the items I bought and some of the cars in the yard. 

There are only two 2nd gen Chargers in the yard.  Both have been there for quite some time.  I was there last year in May and some of you may recognize the '69 as I am sure I posted a pic of it before.  As you can see, it was hit very hard in the f/e.  So hard in fact that the brake booster / master cylinder is pushed hard toward the right side of the car and into the firewall.

Enjoy...

Shakey

:-\

Shakey

:P

Shakey

:-X

Shakey

:P

Ghoste

Hey Shakey, between being on here and touring the continent taking pics of derelict Mopars, when do you find time to do ANYTHING else in life?   :icon_smile_big:

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on March 03, 2006, 08:38:49 AM
Hey Shakey, between being on here and touring the continent taking pics of derelict Mopars, when do you find time to do ANYTHING else in life?   :icon_smile_big:

I am very fortunate to have a job with lots of flexibility.  It enables me to travel and see my customers all over North America and when I plan a trip, whether it be a day trip like yesterday or on a business trip out of the country, I put aside some extra time for the yard tours and part hunts.  To make the most use of that precious spare time when I travel, I do all my research before hand so I don't waste any time on wild goose chases.  When I am in the office, I work very efficiently so that I am always "caught up".  As far as my family, they get me from 5:00 PM until 6:00 AM, and on weekends.

I enjoy sharing these adventures with you guys. 

rich4406bbl

Nice shots! The pic of the 71 Charger seems to show a RT or Superbee stripe on it. Was it one of those or just a stripe added on to a base model?

PocketThunder

that 68 ragtop must be a sattelite huh?  did they make RR convertibles in 68?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blakcharger440

In the pic of that 4th Charger from the top it has the VIN cut out of the dash frame!
Someone has done the deed and did the ole VIN switcheroo rebody!
Wonder whos car its on now.....

Shakey

Almost every Mopar in that yard had the VIN tag missing.  Almost everyone!

hemihead

Looks like lots of fraud in the Great White North.I guess I'll never buy a BiG $$$ car out of Canada.Lots of good parts left on those though!
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

tipopiola

Looks like some good "father and son" projects!   :icon_smile_big:  :rotz:  Tipopiola

Charger_Fan

Maybe the boneyard owner took the tags off so nobody else would.

Cool pics, thanks for sharing! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

doctorpimp

Any of those 3rd gens still have their 8 3/4 rears?
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

MetallicA

Ghoste

The yard owner might have pulled the tags but I'd be surprised (and impressed).  Rebodying was very popular up here in the mid 80's.  So many rusted out Ontario cars gave up their tags for rust free southern 318 cars, it's scary.  I'm sure they're all getting big bucks today but who would have ever thought it was going to become a Fortune 500 approved investment portfolio?

greenpigs

A few..a VERY few.. look like they might still be saveable.

Grab a roof off of one or two, thats about all thats left, before they get crushed.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

jaak

Cool pic Shakey :2thumbs:
you always have cool post, and 1 hell of a charger too!!!!

Jason

moparsinbarns

the red one with that front end mashed. i remember seeing a red one like that with the front mashed to on maple leaf mopar's cars in barns. Check out the pic that I attached. Thats the one from Maple Leaf Mopar's cars in barns..same car?
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

mustanghater

what does the other side look like? from here it looks like its missing or is it just smashed in?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

moparsinbarns

I dont know what the other side looks like. Omg!!! That is the same car. Look at the 1st pic of it and if u look closely, u can see that the sail panel emblem is missing, the steering wheel is bent and the grey seatbelt strap is hanging. In my pic, the emblem is missing too, the wheel is bent and theres a grey seatbelt strap and also, notice the same station wagon with the smashed out side window in the background? Look at the two pics.
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

Nupe

QuoteLooks like lots of fraud in the Great White North.I guess I'll never buy a BiG $$$ car out of Canada.

Yeah because that can't happen in the states.  :eyes:  Sorry, but I don't trust any restored car these days with all the over pricing of these cars.

Thanks for the pics.  That is one nasty hit on that 69.  :angel:

'79 Lil'Red Express.