News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another NEWBEE stupid question

Started by graybo, October 14, 2013, 05:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybo

I am new to this site and am building a Bird Clone.  Have a Janak nose but need some info on fender extensions.  Where to get good ones?  Would like to get a whole front valance kit.  Thanks in advance.  :shruggy:

nascarxx29

Teds site is wingedwarriorbodyparts.com .You can look there or call him with ?s .They do come up but not cheap Real deal superbird ones .I got a few N.O.S. sets from Frank Mitchell years ago .But he might still have some?
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

A383Wing

I would not give FM the time of day...  :Twocents:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: graybo on October 14, 2013, 05:34:48 PM
I am new to this site and am building a Bird Clone.  Have a Janak nose but need some info on fender extensions.  Where to get good ones?  Would like to get a whole front valance kit.  Thanks in advance.  :shruggy:

What are you looking for? steel or fiberglass?...Steel, were originals/NOS, few and far between...used will generally fetch $250-$750 for a set depending on condition, NOS usually start at $500 a piece, very rarely do you see an NOS pair, and when you do, $1200-$1500 is the norm...Fiberglass, only 2 sources that make a fully flanged version of the originals that you can bolt on, Ted Janek, and myself (Dayclona)... Tedrick's set IIRC is $270.....mine are $200, Ted also makes the center pc, but it's in fiberglass, your best off getting the steel center section from YEAR ONE .com IIRC it's $199.

If your interested in purchasing a set, let me know, PM here on DC.com, If you have an Email, I can send some large file pics (too big for this site) to you

Mike

DonC1

I make 'em too...steel or ' glass. Fiberglass parts are molded off a real bird...not off others' glass parts. Have a set of 'glass ones ready to go right now.
Steel-

DonC1

And welcome  :2thumbs:.
The Bird builders are in the minority here..
What are your plans for building your Bird?

graybo

I started out with a 70 roadrunner post car that I saved from a junk yard where it sat for 17 years on its K frame.  I put new AMD doors,quarters,rockers,trunk pan, frame extensions and just finished the 70 coronet fenders.   My plan is to build the car of my dreams (70 superbird) with my 12 year old son.  When the car is finished I plan to drive from PA to California and back to see the country with my boy.   I want the car to look correct but I'm not trying to build a concourse correct vehicle.  Besides it is a clone.  I have a Janak nose cone and plan to get most of the metal from Erik Nelson.  Does anyone have a website address for Dayclona?  Thanks to all who have replied.  I'm sure I'll be reaching out for help from younz, That means you all for those of you not from Pittsburgh area).  :lol:

DAY CLONA

John,

I sent you an Email/w pics...sorry I let my website lapse several years ago, you can contact me here on DC.com or dayclona1@yahoo.com

Mike

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Kismgby

Welcome...
and remember....
every great master was once an apprentice!   :cheers:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: graybo on October 16, 2013, 08:17:08 AM
plan to get most of the metal from Erik Nelson.

Prepare for disappointment, frustration and anger.  :Twocents:

daytonalo

I have Stainless steel A-pillar trim  for you I will do 375.00 shipped lower 48 this week .

Larry
lob77@comcast.net

graybo

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 22, 2013, 03:57:43 PM

Boy I sure hope not.  I just ordered most of the front end parts.  Why do you feel that way?  Thanks.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: graybo on October 28, 2013, 07:08:12 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 22, 2013, 03:57:43 PM

Boy I sure hope not.  I just ordered most of the front end parts.  Why do you feel that way?  Thanks.

pm sent.