News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carter AVS 4640sa rebuild

Started by bakerhillpins, June 27, 2013, 12:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: myk on October 16, 2013, 08:42:01 PM
How did you get the stubborn jet out?  I have a "stuck" primary jet in my 'eddy 'carb that I don't know what to do with...

Take eddy carb, go to trash can, open up trash can, drop eddy carb, go have a beer.   :smilielol:

Depending on the model of the carb, I may or may not be kidding.   :D

Bryan I'm sorry to hear the soda blasting didn't work.  Initially it didn't work well for me until I sifted the baking soda and upped the compressor to just shy of 100 psi.  Maybe I was lucky because the carb wasn't gummed up really, it was just black from carbon deposits and my carb looked like new in a few minutes of blasting. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

Dirk,

Well, I never sifted it and it took a lot longer than 5 min. So between the sifting and it being my first attempt it was probably more me than anything else.  Ill give it another shot in the future.   :2thumbs:  it was up in the 100 psi range though.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.