News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A833 transmission fluid

Started by powertrain, October 15, 2013, 08:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powertrain

I have googled this. I am trying to find out the recommended oil for my A833 manual transmission In my 69 charger. I am getting so many different answers. Iam understanding that from the factory it came with AFT. what works the best? thanks
69 charger r/t , 2020 ram 1500 rebel.

Ghoste

It came from the factory with gear oil in it.

Cooter

No it did not come with atf. This what happens when too many GM and Ford guys answer Mopar questions.
ATF has been tried to ease cold shifts but doesn't have the shearing protection like 80/90.
Only reason atf is used in newer trans is because of VERY small needle roller bearing clearances. Gear oil won't get to these places its too thick.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

maxwellwedge

The FSM did mention ATF under certain conditions....but I always use 90.

powertrain

69 charger r/t , 2020 ram 1500 rebel.

John_Kunkel

Consider a synthetic fluid like Red Line 75-90NS or any other that is safe for brass synchros.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.