News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 rpm shift point at wot

Started by lasvegas69charg, October 13, 2013, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

on my 383/727 what is the rpm shift point at wot? Right now I have it set for 4800 but seems kinda low.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Cooter

Predetermined in drive by trans govenor. Main stock shift points are around 5k due to weak valve springs.
Just manually shift it if need higher shift points.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

lasvegas69charg

69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

MoparMotel

Mine shifts at about 4,800 as well. I played around with my kickdown to see if I could get it to hold a gear longer but didn't seem to help. My aftermarket comp cam makes good power up to 5,500 I would like to know how to make my car shift out at 5,400 without doing it manually.
1968 Dodge Charger

Cooter

Quote from: MoparMotel on October 14, 2013, 05:56:03 PM
Mine shifts at about 4,800 as well. I played around with my kickdown to see if I could get it to hold a gear longer but didn't seem to help. My aftermarket comp cam makes good power up to 5,500 I would like to know how to make my car shift out at 5,400 without doing it manually.

Buy tge gov weights that allow this. I DO NOT recommend lightening yours by yourself. I tried this without knowing to weights and went passed 8k rpm in drive with a small block.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

six-tee-nine

I guess your face looked like they guy in your avatar when that happened.... the whoooops feeling....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Cooter

Quote from: six-tee-nine on October 15, 2013, 01:30:53 PM
I guess your face looked like they guy in your avatar when that happened.... the whoooops feeling....
Yep. Figured it would shift. Never did. I say 8k, was more like 7800, but sounded like ringing a bell. I finally got out of it.

ws23rt

Quote from: six-tee-nine on October 15, 2013, 01:30:53 PM

Geez-- that "guy" in your avatar really don't get no respect. :slap: