News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona factory exhaust system

Started by histoy, October 13, 2013, 11:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

histoy

Last night I was at our last cruise-in of the season and a guy asked me whether the Daytonas left the factory with headers or manifolds.  I told him that I thought they probably left the factory with cast iron manifolds.  Was I correct?

My thinking is that they had iron manifolds and a 2 1/2" exhaust system with Hemi mufflers.  Correct? 

Davtona

Quote from: histoy on October 13, 2013, 11:01:32 AM
Last night I was at our last cruise-in of the season and a guy asked me whether the Daytonas left the factory with headers or manifolds.  I told him that I thought they probably left the factory with cast iron manifolds.  Was I correct?

My thinking is that they had iron manifolds and a 2 1/2" exhaust system with Hemi mufflers.  Correct? 

Yes cast iron manifolds. I believe the rest of the system was 2 1/4" pipe though.

hemi68charger

Yes, factory cast iron manifolds through the regular B-body High Performance exhaust...  nothing unique.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

no Daytona's left the factory with headers...

even the factory 67 WO & RO cars had stock cast iron manifolds on the engines when they left Chrysler, but, there were a new set of Hooker headers in the trunk for the proud owners of these cars