News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flywheel heat checking - how much is too much??

Started by odcics2, October 13, 2013, 11:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

odcics2

Got this hemi heavy flywheel that's been cut prior in it's long history. (Was used on drag cars in the early 70s to launch better)
There is heat checking around the entire clutch surface.

Can it be surfaced again?   What dimensions should be checked to see if it's even possible?
Should it be magnafluxed?   The car will be trailered, driven easy, but sometimes spun over 6000 on rare occasion.

Opinions please.      Thanks!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

cdr

i would run it in a truck,but not in something that turns 6000 rpm.  :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

A383Wing

I would hang that thing on the wall and make a clock out of it....

I was OK with what you were saying until the "6000 RPM" remark....find another one in better condition

Bryan

c00nhunterjoe

S..............F................I................  :cheers: