News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here is the Denso 120 amp Alt. part number: 210-0138

Started by b5blue, October 13, 2013, 11:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

This is the Alt. supplied with Mancini Racing's 120amp Denso kit that included brackets. This kit has not been available for some time so I dug up my info and found the box end that the Alt. was boxed in. (A Denso box right from their factory.)
 The bracket set can be gotten from other vendors and I have a topic here on the swap. This upgrade gives up to 50-60 amp output at idle and is very compatible with 70 up solid state regulator. It has performed perfectly on my 70 Charger for over 2 years now. The only thing you need to be careful of is to not run it with a discharged battery. My dash is open so I have been able to reach in and feel how hot the ALT gauge studs get to monitor effect. Under normal cranking start all is fine but it will put the juice to a discharged battery so this is a factor.
 This upgrade eliminated at idle headlight dimming, wiper and blower slow down, and voltage drop at the ignition system and is fully monitored correctly at the stock wired Alt gauge through a harness with no modifications other than adapting the unit for fit.  :2thumbs:

Here is the link to this topic: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,70008.0.html
I now noticed I did list the ALT. part number in there also, I have not gotten around to adding the/a junction box or control relays as I have been consumed with body repairs and paint.

flyinlow

Did the denso come as OEM ?  Like "92 Dodge Ram for example?

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

b5blue

Mine is a "Denso re-manufactured" but the one in the link looks the same. Even the same belt worked/fit just fine. I notched my frame for extra clearance but it's not needed, I wanted more wiggle room "just in case."  :2thumbs:

1974dodgecharger

wow thats a lot of power very nice will have to look at this vs a 100amp I was looking if this 120 works plug and play with brackets Ill get it.

myk

The extra juice is worth it.  After installing a 130 amp unit in mine in addition to a complete re-wire this car is NEVER starved for electricity...

b5blue

The AR engineering bracket set can be found at Hughes Engines.  :2thumbs:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: b5blue on October 14, 2013, 06:57:22 AM
The AR engineering bracket set can be found at Hughes Engines.  :2thumbs:

that was going to be my next questions lol...searched didnt find anything.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: b5blue on October 13, 2013, 11:00:06 AM
The bracket set can be gotten from other vendors and I have a topic here on the swap. This upgrade gives up to 50-60 amp output at idle and is very compatible with 70 up solid state regulator.  

All of the bracket kits I find are for the 60-amp DENSO 210-0106 alternators, are you saying these brackets will also work with the 120-amp Denso like the 120-138? Any pics of the 90/120 amp Denso on a small block?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

cdr

i just tried to put the 120 denso on my big block with ac.it wont fit,so i went with a 90 & used my stock 68 brackets.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

flyinlow

The 120 alt. works with the stock 70 and latter reg. controlling it?

cdr

Quote from: flyinlow on October 15, 2013, 09:21:42 PM
The 120 alt. works with the stock 70 and latter reg. controlling it?

yes,the denso has two field connections just like the stock alt.

b5blue

Here is a link to the manufacturer of the brackets John: http://arengineering.com/  Best to check with them.
  I wanted 40 amps at idle to run lights, wipers and blower for defrost so that was lead me to this setup. The 120amp max output Alt. had the best idle speed output so that was what I got, I'll never need even 65amp even if I add a radiator fan.
  The 60amp Denso has less at idle output and at the time the cost difference was like 25.00. (That's the one that needs the "plug" to adapt it, the 120amp has studs.) My 70 Charger does not have A/C so that is an unknown factor in this swap for me. I'm going to add aftermarket A/C from Classic Air (Hopefully next spring.) and with their shop just across Tampa Bay from me, I'll "cross that bridge" both literally and figuratively when the time comes.