News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wax

Started by Dmichels, November 01, 2013, 06:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmichels

I really do not wash or wax any of the cars I own. They are all crap and I do not care. The best they get is a leaf blower every 6 months to blow out the crap inside. The exception is the the Charger. I wash it and vacuum it often. It has been about a year since it was painted and I think I should wax it. What wax do you guys use. THanks
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

bill440rt

Currently I use two different kinds. Your paint must be nice before using them. They will not remove scratches or swirls.

1) Griot's Garage Best in Show Wax. Although you can use it with their orbital system, I prefer it by hand. Easy on & off.
2) 3M's Show Car Paste Wax. Pure carnauba wax, no abrasives at all.

If a polish is needed before waxing I'll use either 3M's Liquid Polish, or the Griot's orbital polisher with one of their Polishes (Step 3 or Step 4 polish).
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

WHITE AND RED 69

Before you wax, think about using a paint sealant along with the wax. It's easy to apply and will protect the clear better than wax alone. For the last year I have been using a product from AMMONYC called Skin. It's a little pricey but it is amazing! It lasts for about 4-6 months (if driven frequently) and acts as a barrier to protect the clear coat. There are other cheaper sealants out there but I am very happy with the AMMO products and highly recommend them. After the coat of sealant I use Mothers Pure Carnauba wax and the shine is excellent.

Same as Bill, if the car needs a good polishing I use the Griot's DA with a microfiber polishing pad and some light polish.

:cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

1974dodgecharger

I'm a simple man... Clay twice a year, rubbing CMOS once, polish 4 times, and wax every 4 weeks.

Dmichels

All good info
Thanks
68 440 4 speed 4.10