News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cheaper than AMD.... Anyone heard of these guys??

Started by Canadian1968, October 11, 2013, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

Apparently AMD is out stock for 68 charger R rear frame rails. I was tryin to source another one And came across this place
http://www.jimsautoparts.com/body_parts_rear.htm

Has anyone heard of them or used similar products. Look like they calling these actual mopar restoration piece ?? The prices blow AMD out of the water !!

Canadian1968

A little research goes a long way. Apparently this guys are ongoing the worst people to deal with!! Negative reviews all over the Internet !!'

Damn was hoping to save a few $$$

b5blue

Just about every time I Thought...I'll save....I didn't!  :yesnod:

twodko

The web has provided us with a research monster so we have all the tools we need to avoid getting screwed by outfits like that.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

AKcharger

I thought I heard somewhere even the U.N. was after him!

NHCharger

Jim's prices on line look great. his shipping costs make year one's look reasonable. Also if you charge on line you might find an unexpected price increase on the parts you've ordered.
I bought parts once from him 18 years ago (pre internet for me), cannot believe he is still in business.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Canadian1968 on October 11, 2013, 11:29:20 AM
Apparently AMD is out stock for 68 charger R rear frame rails. I was tryin to source another one And came across this place

Has anyone heard of them or used similar products. Look like they calling these actual mopar restoration piece ?? The prices blow AMD out of the water !!

might want to look into a member here name 'jsbrown' he is a dealer for AMD.  I got a great deal on a front bumper, bumpereets, and bolts.  I save some money.....you need to PM him.

green69rt

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 14, 2013, 12:38:13 AM
Quote from: Canadian1968 on October 11, 2013, 11:29:20 AM

might want to look into a member here name 'jsbrown' he is a dealer for AMD.  I got a great deal on a front bumper, bumpereets, and bolts.  I save some money.....you need to PM him.

Yes, Jeff at....

http://www.521restorations.com/index.pl?page=home

Canadian1968

Unfortunately I have already purchased the piece from another supplier .
Autobody specialties. I delt with Bryan , he was a great help and I was able to save lot of $$$ compared to what I was going to spend threw AMD.

green69rt

Quote from: Canadian1968 on October 15, 2013, 07:25:15 PM
Unfortunately I have already purchased the piece from another supplier .
Autobody specialties. I delt with Bryan , he was a great help and I was able to save lot of $$$ compared to what I was going to spend threw AMD.

Yes!!!  Find a dealer that offers a discount over AMD prices, not hard to find and makes me fell better.  The AMD site always offers parts at full retail.

Canadian1968

The parts I ordered were not AMD though. I went with Goodmark parts. Saved around $400 shipped

Troy

As a general rule, the Goodmark parts are much worse quality than the AMD parts. For the longest time it was all we had so we made due. These days they have to severely undercut AMD prices just to sell anything. I have NO experience with their frame rails though.

As for AMD, most of their resellers have the parts drop shipped directly from AMD so if the warehouse is out of stock then the majority of vendors won't have the part either (no matter what their web site says). Stephens Performance is one exception - they carry a huge amount of inventory on hand. Their prices are generally pretty good as well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Canadian1968

Well hopefully everything goes in fine.  I will be making a thread as soon as the real work gets underway !