News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Disc Not Releasing

Started by chargerboy69, October 11, 2013, 08:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

This summer I installed a Dr. Diff power front disc brake kit.  I have been taking the car out lately and noticed when I hit the brakes and let my foot off they continue to grab for 3 seconds or so, they do not release. I also get a slight hiss under the dash (booster?), I very lightly touch the pedal and it stops instantly.

The car stops on a dime, right at the top of the pedal. . . . almost touchy.

I am guessing the rod is not adjusted right, any ideas.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Dino

Quote from: chargerboy69 on October 11, 2013, 08:48:32 AM
This summer I installed a Dr. Diff power front disc brake kit.  I have been taking the car out lately and noticed when I hit the brakes and let my foot off they continue to grab for 3 seconds or so, they do not release. I also get a slight hiss under the dash (booster?), I very lightly touch the pedal and it stops instantly.

The car stops on a dime, right at the top of the pedal. . . . almost touchy.

I am guessing the rod is not adjusted right, any ideas.

Sure sounds like the rod needs to come back a tad.  Try driving around the block a few times with minimized braking.  Pull over slowly without using too much brake, get out and see if the brakes are hot.  If they are it's likely the rod.  I honestly would not touch anything else before that rod is exactly where it needs to be.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.