News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back from the machine shop.

Started by Charger4404spd, October 10, 2013, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

Well after a year I finally got my block back from the machine shop.  :brickwall: Will be the last dime they make from me. They really bent me over on the cost. At any rate, looks like they did an ok job installing the billet main caps. Hopefully I will be able to order the stroker kit soon. I put the girdle on just to make sure everything lined up.

TXcharger70

Glad you got it back. Now get it put together and get that puppy on the road. What stroker are you going to build?

Charger4404spd

440source , 4.25 stroke, then will add the Dyers 8-71 blower kit eventually.

firefighter3931

Looking good  :coolgleamA:

Quality machinework is never cheap and this is going to be a serious build.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger4404spd

I took the cam with me so they could test fit. It was VERY tight. I watched him use a grinding wheel on the cam bearings over and over until the cam went in. Not crazy about the way he done that and IMO, the cam is still a bit too tight. I think I will need to get a hone and take a little more out.

Bob T

Quote from: Charger4404spd on October 11, 2013, 06:38:58 PM
I took the cam with me so they could test fit. It was VERY tight. I watched him use a grinding wheel on the cam bearings over and over until the cam went in. Not crazy about the way he done that and IMO, the cam is still a bit too tight.

Should've stopped him and paid him out right then in my humble opinion  :o
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Charger4404spd

Yeah I think I have decided to take it down to another shop and get another new set of bearings installed. Just dont have a good feeling about these :brickwall:

4cruzin

At least get another opinion!    :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Cooter

I've had blocks with core shift to where the bearings had to be honed. Notta big deal. Plus, many times once bearings are driven in tgey tend to tighten up so some final fit is required.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"