News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 6.1 Hemi Performance Parts

Started by dqhemi, February 28, 2006, 09:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dqhemi

We've been developing a single plane aluminum intake manifold for the 6.1 to be used on thengines we run in our cars.

The intake was designed all in CAD and a prototype was created using Stereo Lithography rapid prototyping.  Stereo Lithography takes the CAD data and basically builds a prototype part in three dimmesnions, layer by layer using a special resin and a laser.  Kind of like a three dimmensional printer. 

The protoype got made up last week and is mounted on a 6.1 Hemi on an engine dyno.  We will be running it with different cam profiles and header combinations, and of course dialed in tuning.  That will get done over the next couple of weeks.  We will have it for EFI and carb applications with all the tuning done for the specific combos, should people want it complete with a management system all dialed in.  Part of the reason we did this is we wanted a four barrel type setup so we could run EFI, but have functional shaker hoods and AAR, TA and Six pack hood scoops that were all functional for nornally aspirated applications.

After the prototype is fully tested we will have the production pieces cast, and expect to have them available in May or June.  We are doing full engine development for both the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi and already have already had race quality rods, forged pistons, head and main studs made up for these applications.

The pictures attached show how this has progressed.

Enjoy!

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

PS - dream car garage is covering all of our development throughout their 2006 season - as many of you already know.  Here are the times each week their show airs on Speed (all times EST):

Wed 7:00 PM
Thu 7:00 AM
Sat 9:30 PM
Sun 10:00 PM
Sun 3:00 AM
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Dave22443

Sweet!  Welcome to the board!  Keep up the good work!  It's guys like you that make guys like us very happy  :drive:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

golden73

Nice!!!

So, what kind of gains are you getting?

hotrod98

I love watching the Stereo Lithography system in action. It's like watching something from the future. Kind of a replicator so to speak. Any chance of getting a video of how it works on your web site?
People would be blown away when they saw it. 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

dqhemi

Quote from: golden73 on February 28, 2006, 11:02:58 PM
Nice!!!

So, what kind of gains are you getting?

The dyno work is underway now and should be done in the next couple of weeks.  I'll give you an update once we've run all the combinations. 

One of the Mopar magazines will be doing an article on this piece as well.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

dqhemi

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 28, 2006, 11:20:17 PM
I love watching the Stereo Lithography system in action. It's like watching something from the future. Kind of a replicator so to speak. Any chance of getting a video of how it works on your web site?
People would be blown away when they saw it. 

The Dream Car Garage guys filmed it for the show, so people will be able to see it on TV.  I may be able to get some of that footage up on our website as well, after all the shows have aired.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Shakey

What Mopar magazine will be doing the article?

Also, is this work being done in Woodstock, ON?

KMPX2

To bad DCX will not (atleast at this time ) sell 6.1 HEMI's . The only way to get one is buy one in a car.

dqhemi

Quote from: Shakey on March 01, 2006, 07:19:08 AM
What Mopar magazine will be doing the article?

Also, is this work being done in Woodstock, ON?

I want to be politically correct on the magazine front, so I'll wait until just ahead  articles coming out before I disclose who.
I just don't want to upset any of them.  We have commitments from more than one magazine each to do several articles on what we are doing, not just the 6.1 manifold.  I'll be reaching out to more as well.

I'll be sure to tell you what's coming out before it hits if you like, but not until I know which issue it will be in.

Yes the engine development work is all being done in Woodstock Ontario.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

dqhemi

Quote from: KMPX2 on March 01, 2006, 11:48:42 AM
To bad DCX will not (atleast at this time ) sell 6.1 HEMI's . The only way to get one is buy one in a car.

The 6.1 that intake is mounted on in the pic above didn't come out of a car   :angel:

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com