News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Autistic Basketball Player Scores

Started by tin_soldier, March 02, 2006, 10:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

I thought to put some Good news up seeing that life can get us all down at times.   ;)

http://www.break.com/index/autisticbball.html

700HPCharger

They showed the highlights on sportscenter, good story!

nh_mopar_fan

That kid was bombing away and hitting everything. Great story....

golden73

That was all over the local news when that happened. I was surprised it got so much coverage as it did. I hear they are going to make a movie on it now...

good for him

Charger_Fan

Quote from: golden73 on March 02, 2006, 06:00:14 PM
I hear they are going to make a movie on it now...

They'll have to get someone to double for Dustin Hoffman though, these days he's too old to be believable. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

When was this? "Real Sports" on HBO had a very similar story about a year ago...I cant remmeber if its the same kid tho.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

golden73

Quote from: Ponch on March 02, 2006, 06:14:27 PM
When was this? "Real Sports" on HBO had a very similar story about a year ago...I cant remmeber if its the same kid tho.

This happened a little over a week ago. The kid has already recieved 25 movie offers in less than a week. CBS evening news is doing an update on the story and will air in a few minutes...

TheGhost

I am eirily reminded of the first basketball game I scored in, when I was a freshmen.  Was a JV game, and it was against a really bad team, it was late in the season, and I had yet to score, so the whole game pretty much was just give me the ball, and let me take a shot.

Except, I only made one shot.

Now I feel bad. :-\
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.