News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil pressure sender

Started by dodgey68, October 07, 2013, 04:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgey68

Hello all,, ok dumb question,,,, I've looked on here, cannot seem to find info,, need new oil pressure sender unit for 68 318. Is it 80psi or 100psi,, ' I've spoken with local parts dealer,, ?? Just asking and making sure I get the right one

Thank you,,
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

fy469rtse

Elko in Melbourne has them, or Oder on line at rock auto .com, summit racing, Mancini racing,  firstly are your sure its the sender, don't know how to test, look up the tread on here in electrical for info on how to test it ,

charger490

i have one here if you want to pay for shipping

dodgey68

OH yer elko,, didnt even give them a thought,, i asked my local burson bloke,, he asked is it either 80 or 100 psi,, "idunno" so that is why i am asking
thank you charger 490 im in aus a little to far for a little item, but thank you

fy469rtse

stay away from our K mart type parts stores , all are hopeless when it comes to these cars , learn to shop on line, summit good , set up a paypal account, will still be cheaper then getting it from elko

A383Wing

pretty sure you would need the 80psi sender...that is max reading on your dash gauge

Bryan

justcruisin

Sender resistance value is 10 ohms full scale and 73 ohms with no pressure. Temp and fuel use the same value. As far as I know there is only one sender for the factory gauge, never seen a different one but I could be wrong.

fy469rtse

Quote from: dodgey68 on October 07, 2013, 04:13:58 PM
OH yer elko,, didnt even give them a thought,, i asked my local burson bloke,, he asked is it either 80 or 100 psi,, "idunno" so that is why i am asking
thank you charger 490 im in aus a little to far for a little item, but thank you
you missed the point, think of a couple other items you need and ask them to combine shipping, by the time that sender gets here will be lucky to be double that  price , Elko will ask 60 to 80 bucks for that, that's how they make their money , understand

dodgey68

i know that why i didnt try them,, thats why i tried local parts bloke,,,

fy469rtse

Iv'e got an even better idea , get a group buy going with the other guys on here from your area, like the guys state side do,

maxwellwedge

A 318 would have the lower pressure unit. I assume you have a factory oil pressure gauge and not a dummy light. The sender pictured is for the factory gauge....the dummy light would get a totally different, smaller sender.

fy469rtse

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 09, 2013, 08:01:04 AM
A 318 would have the lower pressure unit. I assume you have a factory oil pressure gauge and not a dummy light. The sender pictured is for the factory gauge....the dummy light would get a totally different, smaller sender.
yep what he said , and that would be what you would see over here, valiant, for dummy light in the dash