News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona head door ?

Started by panhead, October 15, 2013, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panhead

I'll be helping my friend Jay (WINGMAN) working his nose cone on his Daytona. My question is the safety springs keep them or leave them off. Just seeing what the popular vote is. Thanks for the insight.

Curt.    :2thumbs:
69' Dodge Charger 500
69' Dodge Daytona "Replica"

A383Wing

62 Max

Daytona R/T SE

DAY CLONA

hotrod98

Mine are off. The only purpose that they serve is to open the headlamps should you lose vacuum. Safety feature for driving at night. I never worry about my headlamps slowly opening up after turning the engine off. 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

62 Max

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 15, 2013, 11:36:51 PM
Mine are off. The only purpose that they serve is to open the headlamps should you lose vacuum. Safety feature for driving at night. I never worry about my headlamps slowly opening up after turning the engine off.  

Ever drive on a rough road at night with the springs removed ? Mine will sit for at least two months before they start to open and that it through the winter,they only open in the summer when I turn them on,I like thing that work,if they don't I fix them,no shortcuts ,sorry
:Twocents:

Aero426

FJ5WING

I completley understand Bills advice and mostly subscribe to the same idea....I just cant stand when a Bird is winking while parked.
I left mine in place but didn't tension them. so they at least look the part. :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

hemi68charger

Mine are nestled safety just as they should be.................................. In my console !!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection